Chapter 2

•Friday•

Emma has been in the hospital since Wednesday but she's doing so much better. I feel so relieved.

But now I have to worry about the news my parents are going to tell me tonight.

"Isabella, do you know the answer for question 7?" My math teacher asks.

I have no clue.

"Umm no?" I say.

"Please pay attention."

Absolutely hate this class.

"Is everything okay?" My friend Aria asks whispering.

"I'll tell you later."

-

"How was school?" My mom asks when I come in.

"Eh. I was just thinking about what you guys are going to tell me."

She nods. I hate secrets.

--

"Lets go!" My dad says when we get in our car.

I open the window a little to get some fresh air. When I'm nervous, my stomach feels queasy.

"Is this news... Bad?" I ask.

My parents stay silent. Maybe it's not bad? I'm probably overreacting.

--

"Table for four." My dad says to the waiter at the entrance.

After we get seated, they hand us a menu. I'm not even hungry. I just want to hear the news and get home.

"Is everything going okay with Emma?" My mom asks me.

"Yeah. She's doing a whole lot better."

"That's good news."

"Are you guys ready to order?" The waitress asks coming over.

"Yes. We'll have three cheeseburgers with medium fries and one turkey sandwich with a small fries." My mom says.

"When are we going to hear the news?" I ask impatiently when the waiter leaves.

"Bella, be patient." My dad says in a tone.

After they bring our food to the table, we all begin to eat. It seems like my parents want to avoid the conversation.

"So?" I ask after I finish most of my food.

"You sure you guys ready for this?" My mom asks smiling.

"I've been ready." Dani says.

"Okay. Your father got a new job and I want to visit my grandparents. So we are moving to North Carolina!" My mom says excitedly.

I feel my heart drop and tears beginning to flood in my eyes.

"Yes! We are finally going somewhere different!" Dani says.

How can she be happy?!

I get up to go to the restroom.

"Bella." My mom says pulling my hand. I pull it away angry and run to the restroom.

When I get in the bathroom I immediately get into one of the stalls and stand on top of the toilet so my mom won't find me.

"Why?!" I ask myself already crying. I don't want to leave. My best friend is almost dying and I just can't leave her.

I hear somebody come in the door.

"Isabella? Please come out." My mom says.

I'll come out and run out of the bathroom and the restaurant an into our car.

"Isabella!" My mom yells when I run as fast as I can out of the bathroom.

I see my dad and Dani still sitting at the table. How can Dani be so happy? Uggh!! I hate this!

I open our car and sit in the backseat.