Chapter 6

After we put out bags in our car I go inside our empty house one more time. I look around and memories flood back. I've lived here my WHOLE LIFE.

I go out to the back where our old playground is. Emma and I ALWAYS played here after school before she got sick. Even Dani and I played here sometimes.

My dad comes behind me and pats my back. He needs to stop doing that. It makes me want to cry!

"I'm gonna miss this place." He says. If he's going to miss this place we can always stay!

"You're not going miss this place as much as I am." I say in a tone and walk to the front of our house where Dani and my mom are at.

"Goodbye house!" Dani waves to the house excitedly and gets into our car. I still don't get how she can be so excited?!

--

"Ready?" My mom asks Dani as our plane begins to move. It's Dani's first time on a plane and she's been crying for like 10 minutes.

She squeezes her eyes shut and grabs my hand as we get in the air. I've been on a plane a couple of times so I'm used to it.

"Okay we're in the air." I laugh. She opens her eyes and takes a deep breath.

"It's not so bad is it?" My mom asks Dani. I look out the window and sigh. I really wish this would just be a horrible dream.

After a couple of minutes of just sitting there, I feel really tired. I get comfortable in my seat and doze of to sleep.

--

"Bella, wake up." I hear someone waking me up. I open my eyes a little to see everybody getting off of the plane.

"We have landed in North Carolina!" My mom says excitedly. Dani jumps and cheers.

I grin and get my bags. Yeah, it's definitely not a dream.

"Isn't this exciting?!" My dad asks me trying to cheer me up. NOTHING will work.

"Yeah." I lie. I don't want to kill their mood like I always do. They're always so happy about this and I'm the sad one.

--

"This is our home!" My dad says opening the doors to our new house. It's actually not that bad!

We walk in and look around. Wow. This house is amazing! Our house back in Florida is really nice, but this one, is so much better and bigger!

"Can I get the second biggest room?" I ask. My parents nod. I run upstairs and check out each room.

The room I picked out is just perfect. It has a small balcony so I can see out backyard every morning. I don't have my own bathroom but it's fine.

I set my bags down and walk back downstairs. Dani is in the kitchen looking around.

"Our furniture isn't going to get here yet so we don't have any plates or cups." I hear my mom say to my dad.

"We can head to the grocery store to pick up a few things." My dad suggests. I really want to explore around here so that sounds like a good idea.

As we get to the store, I fix my hair a little. This grocery store is pretty close to our house so we might be coming here often.

We get a few things for eating and for our bathroom. I go the makeup aisle to get some things I need.

"Hey excuse me, do you know if this is concealer?" A random boy asks me. I turn to him. He seems my age and is really cute.. Like his eyes are just beautiful!

He hands me the bottle he was holding. It says concealer in small letters.

"Yeah it says it right here." I giggle pointing at the word and he laughs. His eyes though, they're a really nice blue.