Chapter 18

*5 DAYS LATER*

"Promise me to stay strong, okay?" I tell Emma before we leave the hospital. She nods and begins to cry. I hug her tight.

We're leaving today and it's so hard to say goodbye to my friends again.
"This isn't a goodbye hug. It's a 'Ill see you in a coupes of months' hug." She says and I smile.

Emma is doing so much better and the doctor says she may be able to survive. When I came to see her a couple of days ago, she was pale and looked really bad but she looks so bright and happy now.

--

"I can't believe I'm actually going to say this but, I missed North Carolina." I say as the airplane lands.

I hear my home ring in my pocket and I see a text from Hayes:

"You here yet? :(" -Hayes

I smile to myself and respond:

"I'm still in Florida.. We decided to stay another week. I'm sorry Hayes :(" -Bella

I decided to lie to him to see how he reacts.

"What?! No! Please come back!" -Hayes

I laugh and my parents just stare at me. "It's Hayes." I say and they nod.

"I'm just kidding Hayes! I'm at the airport and about to go home." -Bella

"Wow Bella good one. (Hope you can sense my sarcasm). Can't wait to see you!" -Hayes

-

When we get home I see Hayes at our door. I smile and my parent look back at me.

I get out of the car and run to him. I jump and wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He hugs back tight.

"I missed you." I say.

"I'm pretty sure I missed you more. How was it?" He asks as I get off.
"It felt so good to go back. You don't even know the reason I left, do you?" I ask.

"Well we should go for a walk and talk about everything." He says.
I tell my parents before we leave to a close by park.

-

After I tell Hayes about Emma and all my friends, it's time for him to tell me what's going on.

"I thought you left cause you were moving back." He says and scratches the back of his neck.

"Even though you were being kinda of rude, I would still say goodbye to you. That's also the reason I was at your house that one time." I say.

We stay quiet for a while to enjoy the breeze.

"Okay, tell me already Hayes." I say impatiently. He sighs.

"Okay. So all of this drama was caused by Lily. She told me so many lies and I actually believed her." He says. I get furious just thinking about that hoe.

-

Hayes tells me everything and I don't know what to say.

"I like you a lot but I would never try to separate you from Lily." I say. He smiles and I realize I have confessed to Hayes that I like him without even knowing.

He stops walking and I stop too. He looks down and back at me.

"I just admitted it." I laugh. I fell my face turning red. "You actually made it easier for me to confess that I like you too." He says and I smile so big.

He brushes my hair back and holds my face in his hand. He leans in to I kiss me. It was perfect. Soft and gentle.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Bella?" He asks. "Yes." I immediately say and we kiss again.

"I see you've decided to believe Bella instead of me." Someone says and I recognize their voice. We turn around and see Lily and her friends. I roll my eyes.

"I really don't know why you don't like me." I say. She laughs. "Nobody likes you. If somebody liked you, you wouldn't be such a loner." She says and I look down.

"She isn't a loner. She has me." Hayes says and I smile at him. He's so sweet to back me up.

"Yeah I'd like to see how long that'll last." She says. I get closer to hit her but Hayes stops me and pulls me back to him.

"Let's go home." He whispers in my ear. I nod and we begin to walk away.

"Don't come running to me after she breaks your heart, Hayes!" She screams but we try our best to ignore her.

"Thanks Hayes." I say when we get to my house. "For what?"

"For backing me up and not letting beat that bitch up." I laugh and so does he.

"I don't want anything to ruin this day." He says. I wrap my arms around him and lay my head on his chest.
We stay here for a couple of minutes and forget about everything.

"It's getting late." I whisper when I see the sun going down.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He asks and I nod. We give each other a small kiss and I walk into my house.

"Bella has a boyfriends!" Dani sings when I come in and I laugh.

"Is it true?" My mom smiles. I nod and bite my lip as I think of Hayes. He's an amazing person and I'm lucky to have him.

"Ooh when will you introduce me to him?" My dad asks. "Someday." I smile.