Chapter 17

*HAYES' POV*

Isabella is taking over my head. She's always on my mind and I actually went over to her house!

Like wtf was I thinking?

After I walked Lily home, I walked over to Bella's house. I just wanted to apologize for being so rude but that didn't mean I was going to start talking to her again.

I knocked on their door a few times but nobody answered. I'm so stupid and I looked through the window..

Then a random girl came and said something. She's in one of my classes but I don't know her name.

After I asked where they were she told me they were in Florida. Did they move back or are they just vacationing?

The girl even wanted to text Bella for me! Bella can't know I was there or she might think I miss her. Even though it's true, I don't want her to know.

*BELLA'S POV*

"You will not believe who I saw at your house." -Alexis.

"Who...??" -Bella

"Hayes. Hayes Grier." -Alexis

Hayes was at my house? Well that's surprising to hear.

"What did he want?" -Bella

"You. And funny thing is that he didn't want me to tell you he was here. Weird, right?" -Alexis

That's really weird.. Does he possibly miss me?

"Did you tell him that I am in Florida?" -Bella

"Yeah. Do you guys have something going on? Or?" -Alexis

"Not really. But I need to tell you the whole story first." -Bella

--

After I told Alexis everything I feel kind of better. I don't know why but it feels good to talk to someone. I usually would talk to my mom but I think I'm getting bored of hearing her opinions.

They're all the same anyways. She tells me to follow what my heart wants and bla bla. I need some advice from somebody my age.

*HAYES' POV*

Once I think about everything, I realize Lily is definitely lying. Maybe she's the one who wants to steal me away from Bella because she's a jealous ex of mine.

I'm done listening to her.

"Hey Lily!" I shout when I see her in the halls. She smiles when she sees me and comes running to me.

"Hey Hayes."

"I'm sorry but we can't be friends anymore. Well, we never were friends." I say. She looks shocked and doesn't say anything.

"Wait, what? I'm such a good friend! I am helping you with Isabella cause she's fake!" She says.

"Yeah, sure. You're definitely trying to help me out." I say sarcastically and walk away.

"Wait! Can't we talk first?" She runs to me.

"You know, I really did like you Lily. Then I realized what kind of person you are and my feelings slowly decreased." I shrug. She looks shocked and is probably gong to cry just so I can feel bad.

I will feel bad but I'm done with her.

--

When school is over, I walk home fast so I can get some wifi and text Bella. I miss her and I just want to talk to her.

"Hey Bella. I know I haven't talked to you in forever but it's a long story.. Are you still in Florida?"

*BELLA'S POV*

"Hey Bella. I know I haven't talked to you in forever but it's a long story.. Are you still in Florida?" -Hayes

I'm so confused now.. First, Hayes doesn't want to talk to me, then he comes to my house and looks through my window, and now, he actually texts me?

"Hi Hayes. Yes I'm in Florida but what's up?" -Bella

"I didn't want to admit this, but, I really miss you and we need to talk. In person. When are you coming back?:(" - Hayes

I smile so big as I read that message. I actually am excited to go back to North Carolina. I want to hug Hayes and maybe admit that I like him?..

"I miss you too Hayes! I'm leaving in about 5 days?" -Bella

"I think I can't wait.. But text me everyday like we used to, okay?" -Hayes

"Okay you silly goose!" -Bella

--

I look at the time and it's already 11:00 p.m! I've been texting Hayes since like 9!

"Why didn't you guys tell me it's 11?" I ask my parents. We basically just talked about what's happening at school and he apologized for being mean to me like 1000 times! Except, he still has to me something but he wants to do it in person.

"You looked like you were taking to someone special." My mom laughs. I smile.

"Well, goodnight guys." I give them a hug and go to bed.