Chapter 12

"Bella you have to wake up your going to be late for school." My mom says. I roll over and face her.

"I don't feel good." I lie. Who would want to go to school after they find out their friends is possibly going to die? Nobody.

"I know it's hard. We'll visit her soon. But for now we just have to keep living our normal lives."

"Please, just let me stay home." I do my puppy face and she laughs. "Fine. But your going back tomorrow."

--

"Hey Bella :). Why weren't you at school?" -Hayes

I read the text and smile. It feels good to know that someone actually cares here.

"Hey :).Some problems. I'll tell at school cause i want to tell you in person."

"Sorry to hear that.. You better come back tomorrow though! I have two shoulders you can cry on!" -Hayes

I laugh.

"Okay I'll come back tomorrow :) Thanks Hayes. You're super sweet ;)"

Finally, I'm actually excited to go to school. Hayes is actually the only friend that's a boy I've ever had. I mean I've had others in Florida but they're all jerks.

--

*The Next Morning*

"Bella!" Hayes screams from across the room. I smile and he comes to give me a huge bear hug. "Here are your two shoulders you can cry on." He points to his shoulders. I laugh and get a little teary eyed thinking about Emily.

*LILY'S POV*

Hayes and I broke up because that bitch ass Isabella came along. She's just using Hayes so she can look popular.

"Bella!" I hear Hayes scream and walk over to Isabella. They hug so tight it actually hurts me. I walk over and see Isabella about to cry. "Aww new girl what's wrong?" I ask.

They both look at me. "Nothing." She looks away and takes a deep breath. "Hayes! How are you?" I turn to Hayes. "Good... You?"

"I'm pretty good. I just really need to talk to you. How about after school?"

"Okay. I'll just find you." He nods. The bell rings and I go to my seat.

*ISABELLA'S POV*

Of course Lily has to come and ruin our convo. "Aww new girl what's wrong?" She asks me. I want to yell at her and tell her that's not my fucking name. But instead I tell her noting and turn away.

She talks to Hayes until the bell rings so I don't have a chance to tell him anything about Emily. "I'll tell you later." I say and sit in my desk.

--

"I think I want to tell you after school since I really don't want anybody else hearing." I tell Hayes as we walk to lunch. I feel like Lily is going to hear and make fun of Emily. If she does I'll beat the shit out of her. I mean, at least try to...

He nods and puts his arm around my shoulder. "Anyways, how do you like this school?" He asks.

"It's alright.. The only good thing here is you."

He blushes.

--

*HAYES' POV*

I am really starting to grow feelings for Bella. She's beautiful, smart, and nice.

"Hayes someone is here for you!" My mom calls me from downstairs. Maybe it's Bella?

When I get down I see Lily sitting down on the couch. "Uh, hi." She smiles. I smile and go in for a hug. Really, really awkward hug.

"So, what's up?" I ask. "Yikes. I really feel bad that I'm the on to have to be telling you this..." She bites her lip and looks down at the ground.

"What are you talking about?"

"Okay, I just have to tell you. It's about the new girl, Isabella." She sighs. I get nervous because it sounds like it's something bad.

"Can you like, tell me already?" I say.

*LILY'S POV*

The only way I'm going to get Hayes back is to make something up about Isabella. She really seems nice and I would've tried to be her friend if she didn't come between Hayes and I.

I walk over to Hayes' house and think of something.

"Hi! Lily, what a surprise.." Hayes' mom says after she opens the door. "Sorry I came without saying anything but I need to speak to Hayes please." I smile.

"Okay let me go get him. Come in and have a seat." She says and let's me in.

She says something to Hayes and he runs down immediately. He sure is excited to see me...

After we greet each other I begin with the story.

"Can you like, tell me already?" He says.

"So me and Isabella don't get along to well. Obviously.. We'll the only reason we don't get along is because she's a fake girl. Everything about her is fake!"

He looks at me confused but I keep going.

"The first day I met her, she was nice and everything but then at lunch she told me to back away from you! Remember that day at lunch where she ran out? Yeah, I told her you were my boyfriend and she got mad." I laugh but Hayes is still really serious.

"Anyways, she told me she was gonna find a way to get you to not like me. I guess her plan is working."

*HAYES'S POV*

"Anyways, she told me she was gonna find a way to get you to not like me. I guess her plan is working." Lily says and looks down. I really do not know what to believe. Isabella is the one who told me to break up with Lily.

She did run out of the cafeteria that one day and looked furious.

"And?" I ask.

"The worst part is that she's only using you.. She doesn't like you Hayes! She's using you to make me jealous! You don't even know the real Isabella!"

"How do you know all of this?"

"Ha! She told me her while plan a while ago! She knows that you won't ever believe me so she doesn't care if I tell you or not." She stands up and walks to the door.

"Wait, Lily. What do I do?" I ask. "Think about it and if you believe me, come talk to me." She says and leaves.