"Come in, let's go for lunch," Xiu Ying mumbled as she took my hand.

"I don't feel like eating," I muttered under my breath as I wiggled out of her iron grasp, which I managed to after much difficulty.

"Don't feel like or don't want to? Seriously, Ai Ci, I feel like you're hiding something big from me," she asked with her eyes narrowing with suspicion.

"I ate a full breakfast," a lie came straight out from my mouth.

"If you say so..." Xiu Ying sighed, though disbelief was evident in her sweet voice.

"Well, at least follow me to the cafeteria, hm?"

"It's okay, I'll head to the dance studio," I whispered as I tugged my bag and walked away with silent footsteps, feeling Xiu Ying's eyes on me as I walked away.

The smell of food made me nauseous. I hated it.

~

I glanced into the dance studio to check whether anyone else was inside. I could hear the soft panting over the loud music that was being played. I retreated but a voice stopped me.

"You want to share?" he said as the music stopped playing. A tall figure came walking towards me while panting, beads of perspiration trickling down his forehead.

"It's alright, Zheng Ting. I'd rather go to the gym actually," I said as I bowed a little.

Another lie.

"Woah, you think I'd believe that?" Zheng Ting yelled but I already turned my back against him and was walking away.

People in general just made me uncomfortable, even worse so in a tiny space like the dance studio. Not that I disliked Zheng Ting, I actually kind of admired him due to his amazing dance skills and responsibility as the head prefect and class president, but I'd rather not share a room with anyone if I could choose or not.

I slowly trudged to the gym as my stomach rumbled in the process.

It was like screaming, "feed me!"

While my mind fought back, "no!"

It was a daily thing by now, nothing new.

I was used to it.

~

I sighed in relief when I saw the gym empty. I slung my bag onto the ground as I turned on the treadmill, after stretching a little, heading the soft 'crack,' of my joints.

I got up the treadmill as I started as a low speed, before slowly increasing it til I was practically running as if my life depended on it. The speed was so high that I could barely hear anything else other than my heavy breathing and the landing of my feet. So I could not hear the gentle opening and closing of the gym door.

"Woah there, slow down!" I could barely hear him but I still managed to, before decreasing the speed a little to manage to talk without breathing heavily every millisecond.

"Who are you to tell me that?" I huffed, half from the anger someone else had entered the gym and half from the weariness that was slowly taking over me.

"As your vice president, I'd ought to be worried about your health, Ai Ci," he said gently which angered me even more. I slammed my thumb on the off button as the treadmill abruptly stopped, nearly causing me to lose my balance. Whoa, smooth much, Ai Ci.

"Well damn, Lin Kai. In my opinion, you needn't worry about me because I can jolly well take care of m-"

But before I managed to finish my sentence, my eyelids fluttered shut and I felt my world collapsing.