Welcome Back - Zila

It was weird when Zayn was the one waiting at home. When he wasn't the one on the road, miles away from Mila. It was weird being the one with free time whilst she was visiting other cities and all busy. It was weird but interesting. A change in the routine and that helped him to understand his girlfriend even better. What it felt to stay back whilst the other had to go meeting fans.

Of course, their 'meeting fans' were completely different.

Whereas Zayn Malik was an international boy bander, loved by millions and who couldn't go out without at least three bodyguards, Camila Green was a successful writer who had signings in different cities in the UK and who was planning a trip to the States where her books were smashing it. Her fans were sensible and extremely aware people who understood her social critiques and wanted to discuss with her serious issues. Her fans never tried to get a piece of her, just a chat and an autograph. The difference was huge and Zayn would usually get jealous of the serenity of Mila's encounters with fans. But then he would see his own fans and accept that he wouldn't change a thing. They were just passionate in a different way.

The only reason he hadn't gone with Mila for this trip was because he had to be at the studio finishing their latest album. But that was irrelevant now because Mila was coming back that day and he had all planned out for that night, but he was running late. Mila would be there any minute and he hadn't even shaved just yet. He didn't go to pick her up at the airport because Terry, her editor, and Pete, her agent, had scheduled a meeting immediately after arriving from Belfast to organise things for the best signing tour, so Mila needed to be at her publishing house first and then she would come home. He had planned everything carefully but then something came up at the studio and now he was running to his flat, hoping to be there before Mila would arrive. They weren't living together but she spent most of her time there.

When Zayn ran through the door and didn't find Mila, he released a heavy sigh. He had made it. Next step: shower and shaving to look like a normal human again and not a homeless man. His hair was a mess and he had a three days beard. He couldn't receive his girlfriend like that.

But Zayn didn't make it to the bathroom when he heard the sound of keys on the lock and cursed under his breath. He turned around at the exact moment the door opened and his petite girlfriend walked in with a big and bright smile on her lips. He smiled back, taking in every detail of her lovely self. Their eyes locked and he took a step closer but then Mila lost her smile. Her eyes widened and she even let her bag hit the floor.

"Who... who have you the right?" she demanded and Zayn gulped. What was wrong? Did he do something? "Why?"

"I dunno, what did I do?" he asked getting scared.

Mila closed the door with her heel and then started approaching him. Zayn didn't move, he was too confused. She only stopped when they were face to face and then she grabbed the purple jumper he was wearing.

"Why are you wearing this? it's so hard! I love how you look in this but then I wanna rip it off of your body," she confessed and Zayn's mouth dropped. "And this?" She looked up at him as her small hand cupped his jaw, her fingers stroking his beard. "Why are you doing this to me? You know your hair is my weakness and you wait for me like this? With your messy hair and this beard that makes me go crazy. What do you expect from me? To pounce on you?!"

Zayn left a chuckle, finally understanding her reaction. He sometimes forgot that his girlfriend was a special little one and she wouldn't react like other girl would.

"We have reservations for--"

"Fuck that. We are not leaving this place tonight," Mila stated running her hands through his hair now, making it even messier. He placed his hands on her waist and pulled her close. "You're so unthoughtful by growing that beard. You don't think of my poor hormones. If you weren't holding me I would be crying on the floor."

Zayn laughed out loud knowing she was just exaggerating. Or that he hoped for.

"Oh, I missed you so much," he told her and she only grinned mischievously before pulling him for a kiss.

The rest is too private to share.

-:-:-

Hehe, I hope you liked this vignette. I had it in mind since Mila spammed me with pictures of Zayn and his beard xD

Bel, xx