Tolkien's Marathon

Moni's POV 

    The three of us lie on the carpet, looking at the ceiling as if this were the most fascinating thing on Earth. I’m pretty sure if Zayn walked inside he would think three corpses are on the floor. And maybe we are corpses because it feels like life has no further meaning now. Call me dramatic, but that’s what it feels like and I’m pretty sure Mila and Ed understand what I’m saying. We are not saying a word, but we can communicate either way. Through sobs. Not that we are actually crying… okay, I am silently crying but that’s not the point.

“What do we do now?” Ed asks out loud and my hand reaches out for his, entwining our fingers together for moral support.

“Jump off a bridge? There are no more books that Peter Jackson can make into films,” I reply as naturally as someone talking about the weather.

“He should find a secret manuscript or something,” Mila comments and we all agree but no one moves. We still lie there, looking at the ceiling after coming back from the premiere of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.

“I want more,” Ed says next and I squeeze his hand tighter.

We all do, my love. We all do.

“You at least were part of one, kind of. And you met the cast…” a strangled sob escapes my lips. “Kíli…” I whimper covering my mouth with the other hand. “By the way, you should’ve introduced me to Aidan Turner. Just saying,” I add trying to think of nice things instead of the pain in my heart.

“You would’ve dumped me,” Ed replies and I nod because, what’s the point in lying? “You shameless woman.”

“But it would’ve been hard, Ed,” I try to comfort him and he chuckles. However, I am not capable of that just yet, I can only cry.

“At first I thought it was foolish to make three films out of one book… now I realise it wasn’t enough,” Ed says speaking our thoughts out loud. I completely agree because having a Hobbit to look forward every December was a highlight. Now we don’t have that and it hurts. It hurts a lot.

“I think,”—Mila starts—“we should watch the two first Hobbits and then the three of The Lord of the Rings. We should totally have a Tolkien’s marathon. Who’s with me?” she says a bit more excited, sounding almost like Thorin.

“I am!” I cheer, sitting straight. I am ready for battle. “Let’s do that and cry together. I’ll get three boxes of Kleenex. Okay, five,” I correct myself when I think of the amount of hours and pain we’ll go through. “Because if this shall end in tears, then we all cry together.”

“I’ll get snacks,” Ed supports, also standing up.

“I’ll prepare tea,” Mila offers. “And I’ll get the DVDs. Turn off your mobiles. We won’t be available for many hours.”

“Deal,” Ed and I agree and I rise to my feet. Ed follows my example and then Mila. We look at each other, nod once and turn around to go for all the things we’ll need for this marathon. “By the way,” I shout from the hall. “When the DVD of The Battle of the Five Armies comes out we’ll do this again. And it won’t be the last time, right?”

“Hell no!” Mila replies.

“Good,” I say with a smirk. At least I’m not alone in this.

With that in mind and our plans set for the future, I go for the tissues because we’ll need them. We’ll most certainly need them. One does not simply watch The Lord of The Rings without suffering and shedding tears.

-:-:-

A new vignette because even when it's been almost a week since I watched BoFA I can't get over the feels and I just wacthed again the first two Hobbit films and I don't know what to do with my life so yeah, this.

For those who haven't watched it again *sobs* Good luck *sobs some more* *sobs a lot*

Bel, xx