Ch. 14: Clothes

[Jaemin POV]

Please no..
Please no..
Oh no no..
SHIT!

Jaemin bit his lip in frustration.
He painfully lowered his feet onto the floor.

The events a few days ago didn't really hurt until now. Jaemin groaned as he dragged his feet on the cold, carpeted floor of his room.

The bruises and cuts had begun to heal, but that didn't mean that he wasn't any less sore than he already was a few days ago. Jaemin almost gave up, his legs screaming at him to go back to bed and just give up.

Well, Na Jaemin knew better than to let people cut him down--- and his own legs were no exception.

After a few steps, Jaemin decided that he wouldn't be collapsing and tripping in school... That much.

He finally decided to go to school after a few days and a very drab weekend. His older brother, being the angel he was, did his best to support him.

Jaehyun bought him snacks, laid him off the chores, let him sleep in peace.... He even did something Jaemin forgot comforted him a long time ago...

Jaehyun gently sang him to sleep as he cried.

Jaemin figured he needed to get over himself. There was no way those people would bother him again. He didn't even start to get to know the other boys yet. Jaemin told himself to stand up properly for himself next time.

And with that, he opened his depressing closet.
It wasn't really Jaemin's favorite closet.

Jaemin made do with an oversized gray sweater and baggy jeans that never fit him.
He didn't like to spend a lot of money. He mainly reserved his weekly allowance for snacks, so clothes were always a lower priority. But now that he saw himself in the mirror, he looked like he lacked a proper home. It wasn't very stylish, but it was comfy and Jaemin knew that of he smiled, he could pull it off just fine.

He slipped on his glasses and marched out the door in some generic black athletic shoes what were on the clearance rack.

"Hyung, I'd like to go today!" Jaemin smiled at the thought of seeing how happy his brother would be at him joining them again.

Jaemin broke out into his angel smile.

"Really? Be careful and tell me if you need anything there!" Jaehyun was so happy he have Jaemin a tackle-hug.

The brothers went to school in a peace they hadn't had since they moved into Seoul.
---

"HYUNGGGGGG!!!!" Chenle tackled Jaemin.

"Yah! He's still healing!" Jisung stopped Chenle.

Jaemin smiled at Jisung.

Oh shoot, I didn't buy any cake yet. I'll have to budget...
But I want new clothes...
Okay let's be real.
You won't die without fancy clothes.
Cake for the win!

Jaemin caught Jisung's tinted cheeks as the younger realized he was smiling at him.

"Thanks for the other day, Jisung," Jaemin smiled warmly at the memories. "I don't know how I'll make it up to you..."

This boy had saved his life.

Yet, despite the warm acceptance that his new friends gave him, Jaemin still felt so lost.

Where's Je---
NO!
NA JAEMIN, JENO IS NOT WALDO, YOU DONT NEED TO KNOW WHERE HE IS!

The bell rang as students ran to their classrooms.

Today's group study session was in room C-6.

Jaemin laughed his soreness away as Haechan pulled him into the sunshine-lit classroom.

It was then, that Jaemin realized how amazing everyone looked.

Ten was looking relaxed in a tropical-themed dress shirt and white pants. Johnny matched him with tan pants and a dress shirt with palm trees. Jaemin felt attacked at the sudden EXO 'Kokobop' feel.

Taeyong's perfect hair matched his white v-neck and ripped blue jeans. Jaehyun matched him in a black shirt.

Taeil looked like a sexy librarian. Jaemin never knew Taeil could rock round glasses and turtlenecks so well. Doyoung looked gorgeous next to him in his flannel and white shirt.

In a red bomber jacket, WinWin looked like the popular boy any girl would pounce on, and Yuta rocked a sleeveless shirt and sweats.

The younger boys had their little styles going on as well.

Renjun, Jisung, Mark, and Chenle all wore different soccer jerseys paired with sweat pants or athletic shorts. Renjun especially rocked the look with his beanie.

Meanwhile, Jaemin asessed himself.

His unfitted pants and huge sweater made him look like he was being eaten alive by his clothes. He found a hole in the sweater he didn't even know was visible, and he then realized that the spare glasses he currently wore were crooked and a bit foggy. His hair wasn't combed since he hadn't bothered to walk that far to grab the comb. Overall, Jaemin didn't feel like trash.

He felt encouraged to cancel the cake budget and try the styles he really liked.

"Guys," Jaemin smiled. "Wanna go to the mall later?"

Jungwoo and Lucas, both in leather jackets, smiled.

"So, who's driving?"
------------------------------------------------------
(a/n:

IM SO SORRY!

If any of you waited, I'm so sorry. I said there would be a double update, but I got interrupted while writting and since I just had two days of big exams, I had a lot of homework....

I just binged four math assignments.

This is kind of a filler chapter.

Again, I'm sorry!! >////< )