Ch. 32: Love Square? (3)

[Jaemin POV]

"I love you, Nana."

*ba-dump ba-dump ba-dump*

Jaemin suddenly got a shock of heat, radiating from his fingers to his ears. The caramel-haired boy could tell his ears were probably burning bright red right about now.

"...w-we're in class Nono!" Jaemin whispered, trying not to look at Jeno.

Jeno's response was just a firmer grip on his hand, still below the desks. Innocent and sincere in nature.

Jaemin stared as Jeno began to write in his notebook in his beautiful handwriting, sliding the message on the paper over to Jaemin.

' I don't want to make you uncomfortable. Just tell me if you like it or not..? '

Jaemin blushed at the message and quickly wrote back.

' I could sit here all day with you.'

' Just sitting? ' Jeno wrote with a small smile. ' Where's my kiss? '

' Ask me out properly first! ' Jaemin contained a giggle as he wrote back.

' Just wait, Nana...

I want to be yours. '

---

Jaemin really didn't know what was with him. Classes came to an end before he realized, and he spent all of them sitting comfortably with Jeno.

Once Jeno just held his hand, he just.... ABDJDKWHDBEWKLDFKKK

I swear, I'm soft for Jeno.
This is... Did I just accept his feelings for me?!
Oh MAMMA MIA (Neomu areumdawo~)
Wasn't my goal to investigate on myself..?
How did I just say yes without thinking about it..?
Okay, scratch that problem.
There's a bigger issue...
I WANT FOODDD T^T

Jaemin waved bye to Jeno as the older let go and probably headed home. Jaemin had to stay behind to talk to Renjun.

But first...
Food.

Jaemin grabbed his bag and searched it for some cash.

The caramel-haired boy rejoiced when he found a five dollar bill.
You couldn't blame him for celebrating. His family may be rich, but without the card he was practically broke so...

Jaemin ran to the nearest vending machine. There were so many options, and it may have been creepy to passerbys who saw the boy pressed up against the machine drooling.

Finally, Jaemin decided to buy a bunch of strawberry fruit snacks. Anything strawberry was his favorite.

"...you can't seriously do that to him..." Jaemin overheard a girl's voice probably around the next corner.

Jaemin didn't really think much of it until a familiar voice replied.

"I'm not," Jeno said clearly.

Jaemin's ears became one with the walls, fast. What was Jeno doing? What were they talking about? Who was he talking to..?

"You can't be sure. Think back in middle school. You told me the exact same things. But look, Jisung's hurt now and you guys don't even talk that much anymore," the girl reasoned in a slightly upset voice.

"But it's for real," Jeno replied.

"I can't believe that," she sounded more upset. "What's so special about-- about that nerd ..?"

Nerd?
Wait, does that mean...
They were talking about him?!

Jaemin peered over the corner, curious.