Ch. 38: Cold

[Jaemin POV]

"...are you scared...?"

"...n-no.... a-aha, I-I'm p-perfectly f-f-fine..."

"Mmm... is that so...?"

Jeno held back a laugh as Jaemin hugged his arm tightly, clinging like a baby to him. Jaemin snuggled close to Jeno while walking.

Crickets chirped along the way to the next tent down the path to the abandoned building. It was dead silent, making the lively waiting tent they were once in seem so far away.

"Jeno..." Jaemin snuggled closer. "...aren't you worried about anything happening to you..? Like, with your PTSD and everything..."

Jeno walked on, wrapping safe hands around the younger. Jaemin could do nothing but stare at him and admire how amazing he really was while waiting for a response.

Jeno then turned to him with a smile, "I trust you. You stayed with me."

Jaemin flashed back to those embarrassing memories of Jeno acting like a kid and the cute note he sent to school with pocky.

Jaemin felt his cheeks heat up.

Suddenly, the ground was very interesting. Like, 'Oh my gosh! Things other than memes and social problems exist!'

Jeno noticed this, and gently used his fingers to lift his head back up to look at him.

"Hey, I'm your love interest. Not the ground."

Jaemin's warmth from his cheeks surged through the rest of his face. Feeling all of a sudden exposed, he nestled his face away in the comfort of Jeno's shoulder.

Jeno just smiled at his cuteness dearly and walked on, spotting the small tent  up ahead, illuminated with a couple lanterns.

"Ahahahaa!!"

"Did you hear that?" Jaemin jumped and clung onto Jeno for dear life.

"Oh. That's just Chenle."

Jeno laughed at Jaemin's precious reaction as he waved to the people in the tent.

RenLeSung.

"Hey lovebirds! Finally made it!" Chenle shouted and waved back merrily.

"Hurry! You'll have more time to make out later!" Jisung cupped his hands and yelled.

"Says he who's straddling Renjun!" Jaemin forgot his fear and snapped back.

Well it was true anyways.

Renjun lightly slapped Jisung in embarrassment as he was pinned in his folding chair because the younger was sitting on top of him.

They made it to the tent and stood to watch the trio.

Jeno and Jaemin laughed at the them while Chenle just smiled at the sight happily.

"Lele~" Jisung made grabby hands. "I want a kiss."

Chenle burst out in a laugh.

Jaemin proceeded to get out his phone.

The dolphin cupped Jisung's face and pressed his lips tenderly on his forehead.

Jisung's eyes widened in surprise. It made him look super innocent.

--he was joking.

*SNAP!*

"OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYHOD!!" Jisung screeched like his boyfriend and squirmed around on top of Renjun.

"Jisung-- stop-- you-- ah! Hey!---" Renjun was trying his best to hide his red face as the youngest innocently moved around his hips.