{Eleven}

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song------------------------}

{Eleven}

I would like to request the ground to eat me up…like now.

Tyler is sitting across from me in Chubb’s diner looking like he’s about to kill someone. His usually warm brown eyes are narrowed and dark in anger as he stares narrowly at the invader at our table. Of course with his tousled brown hair, chinos, white and tan plaid shirt and cocky smirk, I’d say Matt Roth would be asking for the beat down Tyler is itching to give.

Confused? Let me explain.

See it was only fifteen minutes ago that Tyler and I entered Chubb’s hand in hand with smiles on our faces. The waiter was a nice guy but I didn’t miss how he was checking out Tyler. In fact I was feeling almost jealous. Irrational since I knew for a fact Tyler simply didn’t swing that way but still…that guy was looking at what was mine.

And Tyler was definitely mine.

Still we settled into our seat, ordered drinks and I even was making Tyler laugh when I heard him. Fuck, even the memory of it was pissing me off. Matt, yes Matt Roth, of one nightstand fame, came sauntering over like he owned the place. His blue eyes were lit up with cocky mischief as he smirked at me lustfully.

“Hey, Jane, long time no see.”

I almost smashed my head until I was unconscious I wanted to escape so badly. Tyler was instantly on guard watching Matt and me like a hawk ready to swoop in at any moment and take his mouse back from the other predator. It sounds weird to compare it to that but it was that animalistic. Both of them were in the midst of a serious pissing contest.

“Yeah, hey Matt.” I mumbled.

He looked over at Tyler and smirked more, “So I had fun last time we were together.”

And now here we are, in this…awkwardness.

Fuck me and my luck.

“Yeah that’s not happening, Matt.” I say with a sigh, looking really hard at my menu.

He places his hand on our table, “And why would that be?”

“Because that would be rude to my boyfriend.” I say, stressing the word boyfriend.

“Boyfriend?” he repeats with incredulousness, “Is that who your friend is?”

“Yes, he’s my friend…my boyfriend.”

“Come on Jane who are you trying to kid, you don’t do boyfriends.”

I grit my teeth but answer, “Well I do now.”

“Really?” he asks still obviously not believing me, “If your trying to make me jealous it’s not working, baby. Still, who am I to be turning you down?”

“Oh get over yourself, Matt.” I snap, “I don’t need to fake shit to get your attention. Now fuck off, you’re ruining my date.”

“Whatever Jane, I—“

“She said leave.” Tyler growls making my head snap up. He looks ready to rip Matt to pieces and I can’t blame him. I don’t know whom Matt thinks he is but if he likes his head where it is currently I’d scamper off.

Matt snorts and stands up straight hovering over our table, “Dude, do you even live here? I’ve never even see you around here.”

“No, I don’t.” Tyler snaps back.