Chapter 1

Current days...

- Hell! - Blade exclaimed with rage, after his cell phone ring for the thousandth time alternating between calls from Julius, Li and even from Stephen that was not too much of calling anyone. Due to this miracle, Maldonado decided to answer to know what had happened so serious to be tormenting him in such an irritating and desperate way. Everyone had the full knowledge that he hated being bothered by bullshit that would make him more moody than usual.

It was on top of a building, lying on the thick cement floor of the old Five-Star motel's roof, with holes in all its length, showing that it was a work that had been spent for the time and mainly by the rains of November , he used his elbows as a support to keep the front of his body elevated-typical pose of a professional sniper-and dressed in black robes, soft-woven trousers with two large pockets, one on each side, a long-sleeved blouse framed his military physique, simple but with branded tags, the rounded collar around the neck and hood that was set on his head covering the expressive features of his handsome face. His beauty, however, did not even come close to the power of his overwhelming charm. The mystery of the enigmatic color of his expressive eyes had the power to hypnotize, especially when it came to the opposite sex, it was infallible. To complete, in the hands, gloves of a fabric not fit to leave digital, created by Li (the Chinese thought of everything).

He was paying a favor owed to Otavio Collin, an acquaintance who worked as a killer, who was not the man of many friends, but who knew how to be grateful when someone did him a favor. And what Collin had done was one of the great ones, helping him get some valuable information for Maldonado, something no money on the face of the earth could buy. According to Otavio, his son would be born that day, so he asked him to break that branch so he would be present at the birth. In the world of crime when you owe something to someone you must pay it, one way or the other.

To help him in this reckoning he brought with him his Sniper rifle, something he was quite proud to own. The projectiles fired by him travel such great distances that the shooters need to take into account the movement of the earth and the direction of the wind before pulling the trigger. Speaking of Sniper, British soldier Craig Harrison entered the Book of Records for firing the longest shot ever recorded: 2475 meters with the same gun and the bullet took only six seconds to reach his target. Blade had broken that record a long time ago, but it was not to boast about his deeds as most people do, he knew he was perfect at what he did and that was enough for him. The shots fired by the rifle are supersonic, which means the targets are hit before the noise of the shot hits your ears. Bullets with the finer and aerodynamic tip are known as "spitzers". Its name is derived from the German term "spitzgeschoss", whose translation means "pointed bullet."

-Speak - Blade said nervously, he hated being interrupted when he was "working." In fact, he hated being interrupted at any time, he felt well alone, especially in that kind of work that required all his concentration, a false breath, and everything could go wrong. He did not admit to erring in anything he had to be perfect in everything he did.

-What do you want, Stephen? - he asked rudely as he adjusted the rifle's lens, could not talk to anyone else.

-Really, you're not coming, Blade? - Stephen snarled, hardly getting nervous. But at that moment the Englishman was so out of his mind that he could hear the sound of the thumping of his left foot on the floor, like a nervous tic, on the other side of the line. That left Maldonado in the warning he had never seen Salvatore altered before.

-No, - he said dryly, short and thick. He was not a man of many words. He hung up on Stephen's face. In less than two seconds the cell phone started ringing again. Now it was Julius coming on the scene.