chapter one

I sat up in my room of my father's New York penthouse. It's so boring here. I know it's 'New York' and all but, it isn't exactly all it's cracked up to be. It's quite boring. Especially when your father is Steve  Rogers and he's protective about everything. I only get out of the house for two things: school and volleyball practice. Steve's a great dad but, his strict parenting has left little room for fun or happiness or anything really. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs I quickly closed my book on Asgardian Mythology and slid it under my bed.

"Hey Kiddo, what's going on?" my father asked taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

"Nothing really. Just thinking and stuff." Wow, clearly not one of my best covers. "What's up with you?" He likes to have these occasional talks about what's going on with me, only to make sure I'm not smoking pot or having sex. Basically, to keep me like him.

"Nothing. Well, I'm going out for a guys night with Tony tonight so, you'll be on your own for dinner tonight." I nodded and picked up my phone. "Not texting any boys, are you?"

"Come on, Dad. You know I'm a lesbian." His eyes grew to be as big as baseballs. "I'm messing with you."

"Oh... Okay. I mean, that's okay if you are, uh, gay. I'm okay with that."

"I'm not gay, relax." All of my volleyball friends have been texting me about this party they want me to go to tonight. "You might be though, all of these guys nights you've been having with Tony lately. Are you sure you guys are just friends?" Steve did not look amused by my comments.

"I'm leaving now." Just as he always does. I smiled as he shut my door and walked off. Leaving is something he does best. Because of his career he's constantly going places to risk his life and what not. I really wish he could just be a father to me, not an Avenger. Not that I don't want him to be an Avenger, I do. I just wish he would treat me like his daughter and not something he has to protect because some God with long hair is attacking earth. He's good at being protective and everything but he's lacking in the emotional and caring aspect. I need someone like that. Someone that will love me and care for me, not just treat me like some stranger. I've gotten so used to taking care of myself, I long for someone to take care and control of me. It gets boring being in control all the time.

I need someone... powerful.