chapter nine

I woke up in an incredible amount of pain. I tried my best to move but it was too painful.

"Ah!" I yelled out in pain. My father came running into my bedroom.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I— I— I don't know." Steve pulled away the blankets to reveal the blood soaked sheets. "Oh no," I began to sob. "What happened?"

"It's okay. It'll be— uh— okay. We need help!" Nurses rushed in as well as Loki in Odin form.

"Oh my, uh okay," the head nurse said. "Relax honey, okay?" I nodded. I felt my hands become tingly and the world begin to dark. "Keep your eyes open." Oh no, is this what dying is like? "It looks like this baby is coming a bit sooner than expected."

"What?" I heard my father say.

"(y/n), I need you to push." The nurse said to me. I pushed once and everything went completely and utterly black.

Loki's POV
As I watched my love slowly bleed out trying to deliver the baby that I cursed her with, my heart breaks. I should have been more careful. Her death has never once crossed my mind but, now, in this moment, it's the only thing I'm thinking about.

"She's passed out," I heard the nurse say. "I need every nurse on Asgard right now!" She yelled. The nurses scrambled around the room. Oh no, please don't die. Blood spilled out of her. "We need you out of here, my king." The nurses pushed me out of the room.

Two Hours Later...
The nurses left the room.

"So?" I asked.

"She has passed, my king, as did the baby. I'm sorry for the loss of your grandchild, my king." At that exact moment, I felt the last remaining good left inside of me, die. If people thought I was horrible then, wait until they see me now.

I walked in the room as the nurses walked away. Steve sat on the edge of the bed staring at his daughter's corpse.

"Hello, Captain," I said still as Odin.

"Hi," he said faintly as silence took over the air. "She died thinking I hated her. I wish—." He gagged on his tears. "I wish I could've made things right." I patted him on the shoulder. I can't even bring myself to look at her. I don't think I can handle seeing her like that. Steve stood up abruptly and walked out. "I need to go back to earth. I have a funeral to plan." I sat there for about thirty seconds after Steve left. I finally brought myself to look at her. She laid there as beautiful as ever. The only difference, the life was drained from her-.

"Is he gone?" Woah, what the fuck?! "Hey, baby." She sat up slowly.

"What— how— I thought—. What the fuck?"

"You're not the only one that can fake their own death." I can't tell whether to be angry or happy. I'm angry because she scared me but i'm happy that she's alive.

"Why did you—? You scared me!" I turned back into myself and hugged her. "Why? Why did you do this?"

"Now I can be with you. Without anyone trying to take me from you." She's brilliant. Why hadn't I thought about that?

"I hope you didn't do this for me." I replied still in utter shock.

"I did this for us, silly." I'm glad to see that she's in good spirits. I wouldn't expect her to be so okay. I mean, I'm glad that she is but, it's just unexpected. I smiled at her. She smiled back. God, I love that smile. I love her. More than words can express. "Now, tell me, how am I supposed to shapeshift into someone else?"

"I'll have to do that for you, love. Here," I extended my hands to her. I slowly lifted her up. "Are you in any pain?" She nodded. I did a quick spell to heal her. "Alright, I want you to be a guard. Just so I can see you every time I sit on the throne." She closed her eyes as I turned her into a completely new person. "One more thing," I made a clone of herself appear on the bed.