Into the Castle

Joyful tears and cheering surrounds me but I can't look up because my head is titled down and I stare down at the sparkling tiles that is the first level of the castle and my heart beats frantically as I feel the weight of the crown being placed upon my head. The weight of the crown itself is nothing as the weight of the power behind it makes me feel as if there is a mountain on my shoulder.

I stand back up straight and see my kingdom cheering for me right before my eyes in their gorgeous ball gowns and fresh tuxedos with tall clear glasses of champagne in their hand.

" Welcome our new Queen Ava" Shouts Mason into the microphone even though I am sure people would have heard him loud and clear without it .

The night continues in joy and laughter as people approach me looking their best under the golden lights of my new home. My hands were starting to sweat as they went from one warm touch to another. I quickly wiped my palms on my dark blue dress that flowed to the ground with white sparkling rose details on the bottom.

" You look stunning." Says my devilishly handsome mate in my ear as he comes up behind me sending shivers down my spine.

" I know babe, you told me that about seventeen times." I smile at him as he comes in front of me now and laughs deeply.

" I will continue too for as long as I walk the face of this earth." At that my hurt fluttered and I imagined myself holding his hand through life.

The night wonders on and so do my thoughts. I make up a million different scenarios in my head of how so many things will be put into my hands and so many people , little children will look up to me.

" Queen, may I have this dance?" I snap out of my thoughts and look into the deep intense eyes of King Alexander and immediately put my hand in his large warm one. My body still feel like it has electricity running through my veins every time we touch as if It were the first time all over again.

I am whisked onto the dance floor and I take in Alexander with my eyes all over again. His hair sleekly gelled back and white dress shirt with black tux jacket on top. When he first walked in with that powerful gaze and taking long steps in my direction so smoothly with that crown shining under the light I swear I wanted him all over and in me.

We still have not done the deed but I hope it happens soon because almost every time I see him I get this feeling in my core and my legs go weak, I can not even function properly.

" I am falling in love with you." I blurt out. His eyes go wide for a second before he dips me and as I come back up and catch that smirk.

" That's the plan my love. It's our bond that pulled us together at first but now it's all us." Alexander says so calmly and I realize why do I even worry about falling in love. He makes me happy and completes a part of me I never knew would long for his touch or his happiness.

" I must say Ms. Ava, you are pretty smooth on your feet."

" Had tons of practice, you know just so many guys want to dance with me all the time." I say with a smirk and he growls and pulls me impossibly close as his eyes darken. I enjoy annoying him.

" Say shit like that again and every guy in the kingdom will how loudly you will scream my name every night for the rest of our lives." Heat crawls it's way from my chest to my neck and than spreads to my cheeks.

Alexander deeply chuckles and kisses my neck as we finish our dance and I realize it is just us on the ball room floor and my kingdom surrounds us and stares as we danced in our own little world.

" May I interrupt and have this dance with my daughter?" My dad appears and steps where Alexander once did.

" My little princess has finally turned into a queen." His voice breaks a little and I stare into his now watery eyes. I love him so much and I never wanna see any type of tears in his eyes.

" No dad, I will always and forever be your princess." My head now lays on his chest as we slowly sway to the music.

" You are one of the most powerful and strongest girl I know along with your sister, alpha blood runs through your blood and now with that crown on top you are a leader. Not a ruler but a leader, never confuse the two my dear." He picks my head up and looks me in the eye and he sternly talks.

I nod my head as a reply.

I am a leader.