Pale

In front of our eyes is a boy who looks no older than 12 shirtless in ripped khaki shorts. His skin is so pale you can see the veins in his arms and eyes that are open wide without a trace of life in them. A deep blue that's supposed to be showing life and emotions just is there cold . He was lean with a light trace of some abs but did not really have any weight on his bones. The sight of this boy who had his whole life ahead of him laying here dead as the soul of the person that did this to him.

As I look closely at him his wrist is marked with a imprint made with blazing hot iron in the shape of a crescent moon with a letter Z right near it. I wonder if he was a part of a pack or maybe just a poor boy taking a adventure through the woods being young and reckless. My mind wanders far into so many stories to just explain how he went from waking up in the morning to laying here cold.

"A-Alex" I stutter as my voice is barely audible.

" I know my love." He whispers as he hugs me closely to his chest. I stay there for a few seconds before I pull away and bend down to close the little boys eyes.

Why is the world cruel? Money, power, attention, revenge can do so much damage and cause such pain and misery to so many people within seconds. He is a son, friend, possibly a brother. The death of this one boy will cause so much pain in another chain of people.

I slowly pulled his pale body off of the injured wolf and saw the wolfs left paw was broken. Immediately I ripped the bottom part of my jumpsuit off revealing my calf and wrapped the cloth so he wouldn't move it more or bleed due to the scratches on him too. I pet its fur and he closes his eyes in relief. I move my way back to the boy.

" He was attacked by an Alpha wolf. They left him at our boarder as a way to show a sign of power and desire for dominance. They snapped his neck. The wolf must have been from another pack trying to defend him" Alexanders deep voice snaps me out of my thoughts as I still lay here crouching on the floor holding the boys icy hands without even realizing.

" Why didn't you hear anything Alexander?" I say loudly as anger starts to flood me. He had to have had heard something or sensed something off. There might have been a chance this boy would be alive.

" I would have sensed or heard something if the attack was done within my senses reach. My moon this attack was done far away but left here for us to find. I couldn't even sense human blood since his is not cut. The wolfs faint blood trace is normal due to some other pack members making sure no rouges come through. " He explains to me as he kneels down and caresses my cheek. I snapped for no reason.

" I just can not see why this pup got caught in the crossfire." I say while the wolf that was once limping on the ground sits up and walks away as if nothing happened. He has to be some sort of beta or alpha because he looks fully healed now.

Before I can stop him to ask who did this he just runs away.

" Ava you go home and tell Mason to get team Alpha on the borders now and to hunt down any packs that have any sort of easy access to our territory and question them each. I will go into town and find out whose pack this boy belongs to." I sit up and nod. Before I walk away towards the castle I quickly grab Alex's face in the palm of my hands and give him a kiss.

" Please stay safe." He smiles and turns back to the boy as I bolt off towards my new home.

The wind gushes through my hair as I am running as fast as my feet can possibly take me. I need to make sure our boarders are safe so the royal pack does not get attacked and make sure that what ever monster behind this.

Funny to think that a few weeks ago I thought that Alexander would be the biggest monster I knew but as days and weeks eventually went by I saw that he isn't at all what I thought he would be and that in fact he only does what is necessary to protect the people he loves and the kingdom. I am sure my friends expected me to put up more of a fight but what am I fighting. My growing feelings for my mate? A good king?

Before I knew it I was busting through the castles golden doors leaving my thoughts behind.

" Mason!" I shout for him as loud as I can and rush my way towards my sisters and his room. Before I even start my way up he walks out the kitchen with a half eaten peach in his hand

" What's up sister-in-law-queen." He says but once he notices my expression of anger and sadness he quickly frowns and rushed over.

" Ava what's wrong?"

" There was a dead body of a little twelve year old left on the boarders, another packs member tried to save him but was injured himself. Alex says it's a initiation of power and says to get team alpha on the boarders." As I explain it to him his eyed widen and before I even take a breath he throws his peach on the floor and bolts to the business room of the castle.

I head back out side to make sure the castle gaurds are aware of the situation but as soon as I step out I am pushed with such a force I go flying into the closest tree.

My alpha senses kick in and I shoot back up to my feet ready to give a hell of a war.