Chapter 1[The hand]

As she wiped down the tables in the small diner she could have sworn she saw something from the outside of the glass staring back at her. Ignoring it she turned around and headed to the back of the diner so she could get her belongings and clock out. Putting on her black jacket and black scarf and grabbing her bag she walked to the front of Mr. David's diner. Mr. David has been good to her , she though to herself. He had given her this job that paid off her bills. He has been nothing but kind to her since her mom died a few months ago.

"See you later Mr D ."Rose said as she walked pass where he was sitting eating a piece of chocolate cake.

"Now Rose. Let me take you home .It's not safe to walk alone this time of night."

Rose walked back to where he was sitting giving him a peck on the cheek." I will be fine. Thank you. Sleep well see you tomorrow."

"Good night child.'' he said to her as she left.

Mr. David was around his 60's ,always wore a blue hat .He was like a grandfather to Rose and like a father figure to Rose's mother. Recently Rose's mother died and not a simple death either. She was murdered, slaughtered in her own bedroom and of course was Rose the person to find her. Rose could remember every detail from what she saw. The person who did that to her mother was evil, brutal and a monster. She remembers coming home from the library around 3 pm.

It was a cold day. The sun tucked away behind all the grey clouds .As Rose opened the door to her home she felt a shiver go down her spine and knew something wasn't right. Taking of her jacket and hanging it on the wall. She slowly walked through the dimed house.

"Mom I'm home." she yelled out.

Waiting for a response she heard nothing.

"Mom?"

'Maybe mom decided to take a nap.' she thought . Deciding to walk up the stairs to where her mother's room was. She softly nocked on door.

"Mom can I come in?" she asked.

Still not hearing a response she slowly turned the door knob and pushed the door open.

"OH GOD!MOM,MOM!"

Rose ran to her mother who silently laid on the ground in her own pool of blood. Rose picked her mother up to her chest crying .

"Mama. No! Please don't leave me. Mamma no!"

She cried. Her mother's hart was ripped out of her chest and her eyes were blank. Her clothes was ripped off of her and she was just left there to die alone. There was something else on her mothers chest . Incurved on her chest was a word that read KING.

Quickly snapping back to where Rose now stood in a empty street few blocks away from her home She felt a tear streak down her cheek .Wiping it away she started to walk again this time a little faster.

Suddenly a trashcan fell to it's side. Spinning around she saw nothing except the trashcan laying on the pavement . After convincing herself that it was just a cat she started walking again.

Then a trashcan near her flew across the street hitting a car causing the car alarm to go off. Rose could feel her heart thumbing against her chest. She was afraid. She told herself it was just the wind but there was no wind at all. She heard a footstep behind her and when she turned around there was nothing. Turning around in a circle scanning the street to see if she could find anything. But she couldn't find anything wrong so she started walking again. Stopping in her tracks she felt it. A cold dark presence behind her. She knew something was behind her but couldn't bring her self to turn around. She just stood there frozen on the spot. For a moment she could have sworn her hart stopped beating. It felt as if the whole world went silent for a few seconds. Then she felt a warm breath on her neck.

"Run."

A screeching voice said in her ear. It was all it had to say because her legs carried her as fast as they could back to her home. When she got there she slammed the front door shut locking it and running up to her bedroom locking the door. Heavily breathing she switch on the light .She felt relieved that she didn't eat much these days other wise she would have never been able to run as fast as she did. Feeling calmed she walked to her bathroom to splash some water on her face when she heard the creek of her bedroom door behind her.

Starting to breath heavily again she felt goose bumps form on her arms.The lights started to flicker and then went out. She was so afraid slowly turning around she saw a long black, burned hand with long nails taking hold of the door frame trying to make it's way in. Days like these she wished her bathroom had a door. She ran to the furthest corner of the bathroom and pushed her back on the wall staring out to her bedroom. She had a perfect view of her bedroom door from where she stood. Looking to her right she saw a stack of towels to the left she saw candles. Grabbing a candle in her hand. She looked back at the door. She stood there for what she could assume was 40 minutes waiting for something to happen or come in the room. But nothing happed. She slowly walked to her room looking through it from where she was standing. 'Nothing at all.' She mentally thought . Running to turn the light on she felt relieve when it came back on. The room was empty and there was nothing wrong with it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading. Have a amazing day/night. If you enjoyed this chapter please vote .
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________