The Sacrifice || Avpol/Jotakak (kinda)

Polnareff is a loud, over-confident person.  He always would be full of laughter, crude jokes, and a never-ending stream of bragging.  He's been this way for a while.  Some people appreciate it, some don't.  He really doesn't mind too much.  That's just who he is.  Nothing could take that away from him. 

   Jotaro is a quiet teen who can't obtain the skill of talking to people.  He is a rock.  He is immovable, stubborn, and kind of insensitive.  He's changed a lot, but this is who he is.  He'll never be a talkative person, and he'll always ball up his feelings. It's in his nature.  It's part of him. 

   Sometimes, events that take place change even the most inflexible of people.  

   The loss of Avdol hit harder than Polnareff would ever think it would have.  Despite Avdol being a little odd, a little quiet, and a little too cautious and wise for his tastes, he admired him.  He was mature, clever, and intellegent.  By far, he was the smartest person Polnareff had ever talked to.  He used to think people like him were strange.  What was the point of putting so much thought and effort into simple things? It just ruined the fun, didn't it?  But.. Avdol was fun.  Fun to talk to, fun to listen to.. fun to just generally be around.  

   Avdol taught him (at least as much as he could) that a little thinking could go a long way.  That sometimes, even though Polnareff learned this the hard way many times, shutting your mouth and just stepping back and examining the situation may be the best option.  

    Why did he have to lose the one person that got through to him..?

   Nobody could understand Jotaro like Kakyoin could.   Both valued silence and small actions that meant so much.  Jotaro would never have guessed it.  From the outside, Kakyoin was a snobbish, stuck-up know-it-all, or some antisocial kid.  He was polite, the exact opposite of Jotaro.  He couldn't understand how somebody who has been outcasted his entire life be so nice to the same people.

   Over the time they spent together, Jotaro and Kakyoin grew unexpectedly close.  Both learned from each other and found similarities they never thought existed.  They were so different and so alike.  Silences that were usually so tension-filled and awkward were now relaxed and comforting.  He wasn't loud, he wasn't over-confident; he was the opposite.  He was pleasant to be around.  

   Polnareff and Jotaro argued a lot.  Jotaro was easily frusturated by the man, and Polnareff was quickly aggrivated by the teen.   Strangly enough, when faced with the decision, both would probably be willing to sacrifice oneself for the other.  Friends form in strange places.

   Great friends form through tragety. 

   Polnareff offered Jotaro another cigarette, and the other gladly accepted.  Polnareff felt like being a little more quiet; Jotaro a little more open.  Maybe today the two would get along better.