chapter 20

Melissa

When we walk in and see our friends are already at their lockers.

"Walk with me to my locker?" I ask Trey.

"No problem." He says gripping my hand tighter. We both let out a breath and start walking to my locker. I open it up and put everything in there. Did I mention its the second to last week of school. I walk with him to his locker and class but on the way there I bump into someone unexpectedly.

"I'm so sorry." I say to Shawn.

"It's ighhht ma." He says. We were right in front of Trey's class.

"See you later?" I ask

"Yea." Trey says with a smile. I start walling to class and pass Shawn who is leaning on the wall. Almost like he was waiting for me. He gets off the wall and walks with me.

"What's up buddy?" Shawn asks with his arm around me.

"Nothing. Wanna get off me?" I say stopping.

"Nah I'm good." He says with that smile I can't resist.

"Let's go to class then." I start walking again trying to get Shawn and his charming smile out my head.

"So what you doing after school today?" He questions.

"Walking home." I say. "Trey has football practice so I'm on my own."

"I could take you home." He says sweetly

"Um. That would be nice, thanks." We both walk into class and sit in our seats.

"Hey. I know you and Trey are together but can we start over? I promise you it'll be worth it. Just let's forget everything that happened. Please?" Shawn says looking in my eyes. I saw sorrow.

"Okay." I pull my bang from my face. "Nice to meet you.. I didn't catch your name."

"It's Shawn. And your name beautiful?" He takes my hand and kisses it. I can't help but blush.

"Melissa." I smile.

"Well Melissa. It's nice to see you smile. Maybe we can hang out one day."

"Maybe we can." I nod.

»»»»» After School «««««

Yea so Shawn did drop me off home. I like what he's doing with this starting over thing. I called Miya and Christina over so I could tell them what happened today.

"HOLD ON SO HE WAS HITTING ON YOU?!" Miya screams. We just caught her up on things that she had missed. I never really told her the truth about that bruise she saw.

"Yeah but I handled it." I say low.

"Okay. But you're over here getting your boy back but you're hurting someone in the process." Christina states.

"Don't you have a thing for Trey?" I ask Christina. She starts blushing mad hard.

"So you're saying you're gonna break up with Trey. Set him and Christina up. And then do this relationship ladder bull with Shawn." Miya concludes.

"Pretty much.." I say unsure.

"Okay let's do this." She says.

"Well, he should be out of practice some time soon." I say. A couple minutes later I get a text.

Trey: Hey babe I just got out practice 😘😘

Me: hey.. come to my house ?

Trey: Ok what's wrong?

Me: nothing 😂😬

Trey: Alright I'm on my way

I lock my phone. And sit down with the girls. Ding, Dong. I go to open the door. It's Trey.

"You guys we are gonna be upstairs alright?" I tell them. Me and Trey walk up to my room and he sits on my bed and I do the same locking the door behind me.

"What's up? I know something is bugging you." He states. He's my best friend of course he's gonna know.

"Trey you know I love you and I wanted to tell you I've noticed that I love Shawn also. But you're more of a brotherly love. You can't tell me it didn't feel weird being TOGETHER TOGETHER." I say looking dead in his face. I don't see anger or sadness I see relief.

"I know what you mean. It felt like I was kissing my sister. But yeah I think I might of mistaken that sibling love for something else. Plus I like Christina."

"YESSS I was hoping you would say that. She likes you too. Y'all should go out! When we go back downstairs ask to give her a ride home." I tell him.

"Alright. It works out cause we work together. I'm gonna see bae during the summer AYEEE." He says doing the nae nae.

"Friends?" I ask.

"Best friends." Trey says and we hug. We walk down stairs and Trey does as he's told. They both walk out and Trey whispers in her ear and she busts out laughing.

"How'd it go?" Miya asks as she flips through channels.

"Easy and good. No heartbreak." I smile.

I take my phone out and stare at a contact :

Shawn 😍😘😘😘😈😻💖🔫

Should I text him ?