Chapter 4

Aelita's POV

"So basically the dog was so cute but then it ended up dying and..." Emily went on talking about her pets and I was hardly listening to her. Oh gosh! How bad can this get?

"Jeremy...Jeremy...Jeremy..." What! What did she say about Jeremy?

"What did you say about Jeremy?" I asked her.

"He's so cute and smart and..."

"Er...Sorry to pop your bubble but he's not available."

There is silence in the room...not awkward but comfortable.

After a long while, in which I did my homework and she just sat on her bed, which Jim had already transferred, she finally spoke again. "I miss my parents and siblings."

"I do too." I say. "but I'll never see them again." I add the last bit in quietly. I take out a pink notebook under my desk and start reading it. It was my diary. I kept it and wrote everything down in it about Lyoko and my father and mother and everything that I managed to remember before my life transferred to Lyoko. I looked at Emily to make sure she isn't paying any attention to me. She wasn't and she was busy on her computer now emailing someone I think.

"Do you know who Odd Della Robbia is?" She asks.

"No." I say without thinking. "I mean yes. He's my best friend. Why?"

"Because he sent me a email."

"Oh. He's up to no good again trying to get hooked up with another girl." I say smiling to myself. I can't blame Emily as she herself doesn't smile as much as I do nowadays. Wow. You know those people who say by smiling you make everyone else smile... well that's what happening to me...Emily's smiles are making me smile. Gosh I am crazy. If someone heard what I am thinking, they'd think I am crazy.

"You're crazy you know that." She randomly says catching me of guard by mind reading my thoughts.

"You're crazy too calling me crazy randomly out of nowhere." I say smiling once more. I don't know why but I just generally feel happy nowadays.

"I am going to go visit Ulrich, for help with my science."

"I'll come too." She says smiling. I know she is only coming because Odd's going to be there as well. Wow. I can mind read too now. I sneaked with Emily across the boy's dorms to avoid seeing Jim.

"Aelita stones. Emily Parker. What are you doing here?" I heard Jim say. Oh no. Just then a door opened and out came Sissi, out of Nicholas and Herb's room.

"Sissi. Detention." Jim shouts as me and Emily quickly get into Ulrich and Odd's room.

"Hey Aelita. Doesn't it stink in here? I told Odd to open a window, but he won't. Tell him." Ulrich says as soon as he sees me.

"AND I ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT THERE IS NO WINDOW!" Odd says not paying any attention. I start laughing out loud.

"Errr. Well I can see one." Ulrich tries to defend himself. That was a fail.

"Err Hi." Emily interrupts. Odd immediately looks at her.

"Hi. Sorry about the stink. It's Ulrich's feet." Odd defends himself by putting the blame on Ulrich. He never changes.

"HEYYY!" Ulrich shouts to which Odd puts a hand on his mouth, which I assume is a signal to shut up. Ulrich does just that.

"I am Odd."

"I am Emmeline."

"Nice name Emily." Odd smiles.

"EMMELINE NOT EMILY!" I say out loud.

"Err...It's okay really." Emily responds.

"But you don't allow anyone to call you that." I reply.

"Odd's the exception huh" Ulrich adds laughing after he finishes. "Looks like you might finally get a girl for yourself."  He adds.

"Come on guys. Stop fooling around and let's get homework done."

"Okay!" Everyone responds at the same time and we all burst out laughing like crazy idiots...but then that's what we are.