Chapter 21

Ulrich's POV

I made my way to school. On the way I crash into somebody. 

"Yumi!" I say as I realise who it is. "Hey Yumi. Sorry about that...I didn't know where I was..." I paused as Yumi pushed me out of the way. What did I do to make her so angry? Soon I get a phone call.

"Hello." I say as I pick it up.

"Ulrich. There's a problem. Xana's calling us to Lyoko for some reason. I think we should go because it's Aelita's mother. She's alive he reckons. And this could be the only way to save her only family."

"Okay I'm coming as soon as I can."

"Get Yumi as well."

"Not a good idea."

"Why...Are you guys fighting again?"

"Yep but I don't know why?"

"You guys need to sort your stuff out as we can't let it make us weak. We need to be strong if we're going to beat Xana. Sort it out." Before I could argue, Einstein cut off the phone. Now I have to somehow convince Yumi to come Lyoko with us. I ran the way I saw Yumi go a few seconds ago only to find her huddled up crying. What did I do to hurt her this much? I walked towards her slowly and without looking she knew it was me. 

"Leave me alone!" She muffled. I must have done something really bad to hurt her this much but what?

"What did I even do?"

"You know what you did!"

"Yumi! YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS. YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT YOU DON'T GIVE ANYONE A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN WHY THEY DID WHAT THEY DID." I shouted then covered my mouth with my hand as soon as I realised my mistake.

"In case you wanted to know. Aelita's mother is alive and the only chance we have of getting her safely to earth is we both stop acting like idiots." I pause for a second. "We need to go to the factory." I say and then I leave.

Aelita's POV

My mother's alive. My mother's alive. MY MOTHER'S ALIVE! I scream hugging Jeremy tightly. I can feel the heat of his skin and I can tell he's blushing. I've got one more family out there alive and this time I'll save her. I'll save her. I say to myself as tears start forming in my eyes. I left saving my family years ago and now...now my old life is back. Fighting for what we love. Life isn't always fair though. I'm sure somewhere in this world...there are hundreds of people without family and have gone through much worse than me. Behind us the elevator door opened and I saw Ulrich, Odd and Yumi standing there.

"This time Aelita...This time we'll bring your mother home." They promised. 

We will wont we? We will won't we? We will. I kept telling myself that. I don't know why but deep inside me I didn't want to believe the fact that we will bring her home because that thought itself was what had me shattered the last time this happened with my father.

"Just one more thing Aelita! Don't get your hopes up! I once got my hopes on somebody!" Yum says quickly glancing at Ulrich then back to me. "And they ended up shattering me to pieces..."

...........................

This chapter's a bit emotional. Sorry for the wait. I can't update every Saturday. I was soo busy revising in the half term that I completely forgot about Wattpad. Sorry :)!

What do you want to be when you grow up? (I might want to be an accountant since I'm awesome at maths but I wouldn't mind being a doctor or something to do with science as well.)