❦ Chapter 6 ❦

"Do you want to talk about it?" your whispered, placing your hands again on his chest to resume your work.

     The male was silent for a moment before he heaved a loud sigh. "Yeah, she was my girlfriend. . ." he spoke.

     You were confused for a moment but then remembered the girl earlier. "What about her?" you questioned.

    He laid there unmoving, debating whether to tell you his problems or not. Sure, the male is an angry ball of hatred but you know he had a soft spot deep inside him and it was your duty to see him vulnerable.

     It was your duty as a doctor to reassure your patient was physically and emotionally stable. "I. . .We. . ." he seemed to think the proper words to explain.

    "Fuck it!" he balled his fists. "I fucking saw her with another man. There I said it!" he yelled making you quite surprised.

     "Katsuki?" your soft voice reached him. Your breath hitched when you saw tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

    "You probably don't understand how hard it is for me! She was my first girlfriend, I really loved her to the extent where I would die for her. . ." the ash-blond gritted his teeth as he continued with his story.

    "I thought she was the one for me. . ." his voice quivered at the end. Katsuki's eyes burned as he kept his tears at bay.

    He won't cry in front of a girl.

     "How long have you two been together?" you inquired, quite curious about their relationship.

    "A few months now I think. Bah! Who am I kidding I don't care anymore. . ." he spat.

    You deactivated your quirk to touch his hands. His red eyes widen at the contact.

    "You say you don't care anymore but you know you still love her. . ." you uttered. The ash-blond bit his lip and looked away from you.

    He then clicked his tongue, "Can you leave me to my thoughts? I really want some alone time to think. . ."

    Your lips curled up at his request. Even though Katsuki pushed you away, he still faced his fear of opening his feelings up to someone.

    Nodding, you stood up and silently walked towards the door. "Oh! By the way, are you hungry?" you inquired, turning around.

    The ash-blond nodded, "Anything spicy would do. . ." he muttered.

    A giggle escaped your lips though the male seemed to not mind the gesture. "Extra spicy?"

    "Super Mega Extra Spicy. . ." he joked but no smile was evident on his face.

    You figured that his face muscles are so used to frowning and bitch face that Katsuki couldn't smile anymore.

    "Oki Doki! The meal will be delivered to your room in a bit," you then exited the room to head over to the cafeteria.

    Now that you think about food, you were pretty famished since your only meal throughout the day was waffle (that Eijirou cooked).

     Honestly, that alone wouldn't satisfy your rumbling stomach. "I wonder what do they have in the menu. . ." you mumbled.

     "You!" a shrill voice made its way to your ears. Eyes widening at the sudden noise, you spun around to meet the female earlier from Katsuki's room.

     "Yes?" you gulped. Maybe she was mad since you infiltrated their privacy earlier.

     Albeit, the woman looked at your with teary eyes.

     "Could we chat for a little bit?" she sobbed. An inaudible gasp escaped your lungs as you covered your mouth with your hand.

℘➺℘➺℘➺℘➺℘

     "My name is Kaede. I am not really fond of my last name so just call me by my given name," the female stated as both of you sat down on a table.

     In the end, you got a bowl full of rice with croquettes and curry with it. To reward yourself, you also ordered two slices of cake. Let's face it, you deserve the sweet treat after busting your energy non-stop.

      Only now did you take in the features of Katsuki's girlfriend: she had cherry pink locks that bounced whenever she moved, magenta hued eyes that were puffy from crying (probably because of her boyfriend), and her skin was the color of teakwood.

     All in all, Kaede is undeniably cute. It was such a shame that Katsuki now hated her.

     "What do you want to talk about, Kaede?" you questioned after gulping down a spoonful of curry.

    "I. . . It's about Katsuki, actually. . ." she trailed off, sadness clouded her features as she opened up the sensitive topic.

    "I know that I cheated on him. . ." her magenta eyes were glossy.

     "And I really regret doing that. . .but I can't go back to him since he won't allow me anymore," Kaede's lip trembled.

     "That's why!" she looked up to you with a gleam expression. "Please be the bridge that would lead me back to Katsuki!"

     You spat out the drink as you heard what she requested. "Wha. . .What?" you stuttered, flabbergasted at her choice to handle their relationship.

    "Please, Dr. (____)! I would do anything! Money? Do you need it?" she begged.

    Deep inside, you were hurt that Kaede instantly offered you money in exchange for being the bridge. Also, you were pissed off since you were pretty filthy rich already.

    "Kaede. . .I don't think that's the best course of acti-"

    "Please!" she interjected. You really don't want anything that has to do with their relationship.

    Your schedule is now pretty jam-packed and the fact that Shouto might harbor some feelings for you might take a few of your time.

    "I'm sorry but I'm already busy with the hospital. . ." you placed a hand on her shoulder.

    "Besides, I'm not really good at romance so. . . uhhh. . ye-"

    Your eyes widen in surprise as Kaede slapped your hand away from her shoulder.

   She then abruptly stood up and left with heavy stomps. A sigh escaped your lips and you placed your fingers on your temple.

    "What have I done?"

----

Edited: 1-9-2020