❦ Chapter 20 ❦

It was in the middle of the night and you haven't slept a wink since you've received the letter of approvance of your grandmother. You could finally achieve your dream! That is to save people in need without them worrying about any payback.

     With the excitement overwhelming you, you told Lix and the others you would have a day off today to you could plan your little medical team. He was, of course, grateful that your grandmother finally accepted your request. For once, the Italian was sincere and not in his usual teasing demeanor.

     You've decided to take Fujio and Miyu in order for them to be accustomed to the outside world. They are, after all, your new handpicked recruits this year.

     Unlike Mai and Lix who had been with you since you've taken the duty as a Hirai heir. Along with other doctors and nurses, your team consisted of a total of ten staff members excluding you three. All in all, you would be the main leader of the medical mission while Fujio and Miyu would manage the others.

      "I think that's good to go. . ." a sigh escaped your lips as you reached for the letter again.

    You can't help but stare in confidence at the parchment at your hand. After months and months of prying, your grandmother finally agreed. Who wouldn't be proud of that?

    Reading the words again (you've got them memorized by now since you've been doing it for an umpteenth time), you can't help but be perplexed on why your grandmother insists that you must have at least five Pro Heroes joining you at your medical mission.

     You understand that she was only worried about you since, well, you've been abducted previously in the past. Nonetheless, it's quite exaggerated and kind of a worry rat that she pushes you to have five of them to protect you. Five!

    A hero or two would've been enough already since there's no need to protect you. The only reason why you were kidnapped was because of Kaede's jealousy. You doubt that any other villain would have an interest in you.

    "I might as well do it. Grandmother is a hard one to convince," you straightened your posture and typed away on your keyboard. You always wanted the girls to tag along at your mission, but at the same time, you don't want them in danger.

     You can't risk them having their lives at steaks for protecting you. Besides, the city's already a handful because of the rise of villains lately and you don't want them to get stressed even more.

      Absentmindedly tapping on the surface of your laptop, you gazed at the list of Pro Heroes that could be candidates. You tried searching for familiar faces since it would be awkward if some stranger was supposed to guard you.

     You shook your head, "I'll worry about this later. First, I'll search for some poor places in need of help."

    And so your search began, you were so deep in your concentration that time ticked faster than normal. Furrowing your eyebrows, you felt your adrenaline drop by the minute. Melatonin replaces the said hormone as the night progresses.

     The cost of transportation, food, water, medicine, and other necessities was not a problem since you'll be using your family money. Your grandmother gave you permission to use it after all. Even with you being the main breadwinner of the family, the older woman still controls the money and such.

    She was so strict after all, even at such an old age she refuses to retire. Your grandmother continues to serve the country by healing people in desperate terms. Of course, it comes with a hefty price.

      Your eyelids felt heavy under the pressure to sleep. Yawning a couple of times, you tried fighting back the hormone. Albeit, the said chemical won.