❦ Chapter 22 ❦

You tapped your fingers against your laptop as you clutched it close to you. After a couple of days of planning, you've finally concluded that your mission plan is now ready. You've basically ordered all of the needed stuff for your medical mission.

     The trip would last the whole spring starting from March to May. The departure is a few weeks from now and you are very excited you could barely sleep a wink. Now, all you needed to do was to explain the mission to the selected staff and some of your hand-picked doctors.

     So now you stood against the wall, the 72-inch flat-screen TV beside you. Your lip quivered as the staff flooded inside the room. Seconds turn into minutes as a few more walked inside. You took this as the cue and placed your laptop on top of the long table before you.

    Some of your hand-picked or top doctors sat on the chairs surrounding the long table whilst the others are positioned at the chairs in rows.

    "Looks like Mrs. Hirai finally accepted your request, huh?" Lix leaned on his palm as he smirked at you. Scoffing, you plugged the wire connected to the TV into your laptop.

    "And you're not joining it. . ." you murmured beneath your breath but it seems like the Italian heard you.

    "What!? No! I gonna join! I-" his words was cut off as Mai smacked him on the cheek. You sometimes wonder what their relationship with each other is.

   Nonetheless, you smiled and nodded to Mai as a thank you. You clipped on the mic on the collar of your lab coat and said several words to test it. Once it was clear, you smiled and welcomed everyone.

     "Thank you all for coming here today. As you all know this is a meeting that will discuss the medical mission I will perform."

     You gazed at the screen as the slides switched. "Before I start, the purpose of this medical mission is to reach out to the civilians out there who are poor or has no hospital nearby," your eyes scanned the room. Everyone was paying attention to you and it made you glad that you were respected.

    "After months and months of prying my grandmother, she'd finally accepted my request to perform this mission. Of course, I would be the one leading it along with two of my other hand-picked doctors."

    Everyone shifted in their seats as they held their breaths in anticipation. They know they would be a hotshot once they come back after the mission.

     "Dr. Fujio and Dr. Miyu. . ." you gestured for them to stand up whilst smiling. The two looked at you flabbergasted, albeit, stood up proud.

     "They would be helping me make this medical mission a success. We three would be the superior ones. Now, for the other staff that would be joining us. . ." you then read the list of names. All in all, while their names were plastered on the screen behind you.

    Gasps and silent cheers of joy were heard as their names were called out by you. "That makes a total of thirteen staffs leaving for the mission," you swore you saw Lix bit into a napkin and stretched it out as tears flooded his eyes.

    You sighed at his reaction, the male was clearly devastated that you didn't pick him. "While I am gone, Dr. Lix and Dr. Mai would be the ones taking over. . ."

    The Italian man's ears perked up and instantly the surrounding was filled by shining stars emitted by him. Lix said nothing but it was clear that he is pretty much glad now.

    Mai sweatdropped and scratched her neck at the male's optimist vibe. The room grew loud as their chattering intensified. It took a couple of minutes to let everyone talk and eventually it died down, letting you continue your speech.

    "Anyway, the medical mission would be held in Osaka. The prefecture is a few hours away from here if we take the bullet train. No worries, I've already rented a private one so our safety is ensured," the slide shows the map of Osaka.

    "The city we'll be helping is Ruka. . ." you said and a long silence echoed around the room. Some were shocked while others waited for you to continue.

    "As you may or may not know, Ruka has quite a history. Villains once inhabited the area, making it their own lair," you paused and watched the reaction of your staff.

    It was clearly visible that all of them are afraid and you hope none of them back out. "But now, it is safe since the Pro Heroes shooed them away. Ruka City is now inhabited by low-income citizens around Japan. They lived pretty much peacefully but there is only one hospital in there."

    "With our help, we could make them healthy and maybe we'll establish a hospital there ourselves. But for now, let's see what we could do to help them," you finished and waited for the next slide to load.

    Miyu raised her hand up slightly, "Forgive me but. . ." she trailed off.

   "But are we really safe from the villains? You might not know but some might still be hiding there. . ." her voice quivered signaling that she was scared.

    "And that is where my next topic transitions in. . ." you smiled as you watched their jaw dropped at the five pictures visible on the screen.

    "Now, these five Pro Heroes will be tagging along with us. Red Riot, Ground Zero, Shouto, Tentacole, and Chargebolt. . ." you announced. Lix started snickering and you have to silently step on his foot to shut him up.

    You then continued your meeting, explaining the plan to everyone in the room. Confidence surged inside your body as you raised your voice to express your feelings.

    "I strictly command that everyone that would be roaming Ruka City should report first to me or Dr. Fuijo and Dr. Miyu. Before going around, you must have a buddy so that you will have each other's back. If necessary, one of the Pro Heroes will join you. . ." everyone has their eyes glued on you. A total of fifty or so minutes had passed and finally, the meeting was done.

    You uncapped a bottle and drank the clear water from it. So far, your selected members haven't backed out or complained.

   Surprisingly, all of them were excited and adrenaline rushed inside their veins.

     Lix tapped your shoulder, "Be careful out there, (____)," you eyed him wearily. Setting the bottled water down, you crossed your arms and faced the male.

    "You too, make sure you tend to every patient we have here. I am leaving this hospital in your and Mai's care, understood?"

    He grinned toothily and ruffled your hair, "Yes, ma'am!"

     As quick as the light, the Italian was beside Miyu and Fujio, whispering something to them. With the looks on their faces, you suspect that Lix is muttering something ridiculous something to them.

    Although, you could hear some words like: "Magazine" and "before departing". Whatever they were planning, you didn't care and so decided to leave them with their own shenanigans. You left the room to continue your duties for the day.

----

Double update because I love you all and thank you for 2k+ reads!!

_(:3 」∠)_

Edited: 1-10-20