❣ Chapter 11 ❣

"So how's your date with the pretty boy?" Lix teased. It was lunchtime and right now you were eating with the Italian and a few other doctors that you handpicked.

       They work beside you at every operation and you trusted them to tend the patients when you were gone.

      "Does (____) have a boyfriend?" Mai asked, pursing her lips and taking a bite of her food.

      "It's that Pro Hero, Shouto! And hear me out! She also brought the Red Riot here in the hospital," Lix flailed his arms around in excitement.

     "Shouto?" Miyu joined in, you hired her a few months ago and she never failed to impress you. "He is quite handsome. . ."

      "I know right!" Fujio fanned himself, he is openly gay and obviously he called dibs on the Pro Hero.

     "I wonder if that ash blond patient might have a crush on her. He kept asking me where she was yesterday. . ." Mai nudged you with her elbow.

    "Geez, guys stop it!" you exclaimed.

     "Oh my! Quite a catch you've got there, (____)~" Fujio sent a playful wink in your direction. Honestly, you don't even know if they're your friends or enemies in terms of teasing.

     "Those three and I are only friends! Hear that? Just friends!" you emphasized the last sentence.

     "Friends with benefits maybe," Lix teased, his mouth resembling a cat's.

      "I will stab you in the esophagus if you don't stop, Lix," you warned but obviously the Italian wasn't scared.

     "You are so lucky, (____)! You're beautiful, sexy, intelligent, rich and now you have three guys on your tail!" Miyu exclaimed, now both of her and Mai were nudging you on your sides.

      "I will fire all of you. . ." you teased back. If they were going to tease you all day long, well you can also play that game.

     "If you fire us, this hospital is going down. You won't have time for every patient here you know. But if you managed you'll be exhausted 24/7," Lix dared to sass you. He picked his fork and stabbed the poor berry on his dessert.

     "No I mean literally, I will set you guys on fire. . ." you smirked.

     "Scary!" Fujio rolled his eyes in sarcasm. "You're too pure to do evil deeds, (____)."

      You pursed your lips at his statement, "Want to be the first one?"

      Just when you are about to throw food at the man, your phone rang. Digging through the pockets of your lab coat, you grab hold of your phone and peeked at the screen to see who the caller was. It was Eijirou, which is kind of bad timing since your peers were previously teasing you about him.

     "Nobody utter a word," you glared at each one of them before answering the call.

      "Hello, Eijirou. . ." you greeted the Pro Hero. In the corner of your eye, Fujio was shaking Lix in excitement and the other two were gaping.

      "Hey, (____)! I'm at the grocery store right now. What kind of junk food do you like for our movie marathon?" he chirped. You could almost picture the redhead beaming inside the store with the cutest puppy-like expression plastered on his face.

        "I'm honestly down to anything. By the way, could you buy a honey and butter-flavored chips? I really like those," you replied.

    "Mmm. . .sure thing! Anyway, watcha doin?" the male asked. You could hear the squeak of the wheels of the push kart and the sound of plastic hitting metal on his line.