Chapter 24

There wasn't any sense of sadness, from either Emy or I, when we left the Henry home. Granted, apart from the Queen, everyone was nice and the house itself was beautiful. I was looking forward to being in a normal house for once.

Since Emy was still at the hospital with Mom, watching House, I collected her things quickly. Prija helped with Emy's things and Taylor helped me with mine.

He chuckled. "What?" I asked, throwing the bag over my shoulder. He was crouched by the side of the bed.

"Nothing." He smiled innocently, revealing my night time underwear decorated with Snoopy. "Are you a fan of Peanuts?"

I made a face at him, quickly snatching my dirty boxers from him. "Sure you wanna judge me on my underwear, Mr. TightyWhity."

His smile vanished. "That was one time. One time."

"It will forever go down in history." I shoved the underwear into one of the pockets of my bag. "Anyway, I need to get home and change everything. Damn this is a lot of moving around."

He leaned against the dresser. "Yeah... if my mother were a nice person, you wouldn't have to."

"It's fine. I know what it's like to have an asshole for a parent."

"Right." Taylor rolled his eyes. "You know, I've never seen where Prija lives. Or any of them." He thought. "Are they all small like yours?"

"Likely, small. My apartment is actually normal sized." I pointed out. "You just live in a massively oversized house. Only about one percent live like this."

"That seems low."

"We should go." I turned for the door, but he stopped me. "What now?"

"Well, everything happened all at once back there so I just wanted to confirm... we're dating right?"

"Yes."

"Like... boyfriend's?"

"Yes." He went red. "I like you and you like me, right? I'd love to go out with you, if you'd let me."

"Of course. I'm not going to say no."

I smiled. "Awesome. Then we're boyfriend's."

"Which means..." His mind wandered. "Sex?"

I sighed. "Yes, but since we've established that, I won't be hitting my boyfriend, it'll be better."

"To be honest... I like being romantic. It's nice. Especially when it's you."

I was about to add to that, but the cockblock brigade intruded through the clearly closed door. "What now?" I asked, turning to Prija, who had an innocent look on her face, and Bellimire who was just annoyed.

"I told you we should have knocked." Prija sighed. "They were having another moment."

Bellimire groaned. "Can you people just fix your problems, then have your moment? I swear, it's not like he's going anywhere." She grabbed my guitar. "Let's go to the car so Ivan can do whatever and get back and help me clean up. Those people are rich, but damn are they messy."

"Yeah, sure." I followed her out, closely with Taylor.

We pulled everything into the foyer, with the Queen watching us from the landing. Once everything was safely in the trunk Ivan let out a very, very long sigh. The keys rattled in his hand as he gestured for the two of us to get in.

"This is the last time you're making me go to that neighborhood, right?" His voice was nervous.

I nodded. "Should be. I may need a ride from Prija's."