-Chapter Seventeen-

<Yoongi POV; surgery>

They wheeled me into the operating room on this long white bed. Before so, I was led to a room and asked to change into a pale blue hospital gown. I felt like I was totally nude except for a thin piece of paper and my boxers... which wasn't far from the truth.

Doctors came in and forced me to lay down, which I did willingly. They diligently cut out a large rectangle in the front of my gown, exposing the middle section of my chest and down to my V-Line. My anxiety shot through the charts, making me tremble a little.

"No need to be nervous, you'll be just fine." The kind man said before making the wheels activate on the bottom of the bed and wheeling me through the hospital corridors. The little journey took about 50 seconds before I was pushed through a pair of automatic double doors. Chills went up my spine as I read the plaque next to the door.

'Operating Room'

I exhaled deeply, trying to calm my nerves. I've never had a major surgery before, and the thought really freaked me out. God, I hate hospitals...

Before I knew it, I had a needle taped into my arm, and a blinding light turned on above me. "Sleep well, we'll see you in a few." A man said who was hovered over me. And before I knew it, I found myself closing my eyes and falling into a deep sleep.

It only felt like a few seconds for me, but I knew I was knocked out for hours. I woke up slowly in a hospital room only to be met by a dull pain in my chest. I tilted my head down a bit to see what it was. My jaw dropped at the sight of a large red and bloody line crossed the center of my chest while nothing but several stitches and staples held it shut. I leaned my head back up to avert my gaze, a nauseous feeling erupting in my gut. I suppose that's what you can expect from a heart surgery...

I reached for my phone that was conveniently placed on the hospital's night stand next to my bed, and scrolled through my contacts to find and message Jimin.

'Come down. I'm lonely in this hellhole and want to see how my new heart works.'

Sent.

I set my phone down and relaxed. I tried to ignore the IV sticking in my arm. I pondered on something, though I don't know why. I always found it funny how the medical 'IV' could also be a name. Ivy.

Once that name came across my mind, my chest suddenly felt heavy. Why is that..? It almost felt like something was missing. Like a specific puzzle piece lost amongst a billion others.

Oh well.

For now he'd sleep and think on it later. Getting a heart transplant and a mind alteration is honestly very exhausting.

——————————————————————————————

I am SO sorry for 1- the short chapter and 2- the long ass wait. And trust me it isn't just me being lazy this time lmao. I have a valid reason, I swear! Chap 18 is being written as you read this and will hopefully be up soon. Thank you for your patience, ily 💖