-Chapter One-

My eyes snap open at the sound of my mother's loud knocking on my bedroom door, indicating it was time to get up and start getting ready. Wouldn't want to be late on the first day. . . As soon as I hear my mother's final wake up call, I hear her loud footsteps leave my doorway.

I rub my eyes and lazily stretch out my body before crawling out of the thick blankets, exposing myself to the coldness of the morning air circulating around my room. I groggily change out of my pajamas and into a loose (F/C) shirt with some warm leggings. It's the middle of December, resulting in intense sweater weather. In other words, I'm freezing my butt off. I layer up in a (F/C) jacket that compliments my shirt and leggings before applying a small amount of makeup, and water my bluebells. God, I love blue bells. . . I brush out my hair soon after, part it, slide on a pair of converse, and top everything off with a beanie and my headphones around my neck.

I pick up my loaded school bag and swing it over my shoulder as I head downstairs to be greeted by my giddy mother. Dad was no where to be found, so I assumed he had already gone to work. I wasn't the only one who was faced with the anxiety and paranoia of a first day, seeing as my father had recently gotten a new job which meant we had to move. I was born in America, but my parents were both from South Korea. I wasn't necessarily upset about the move, since I didn't really have much I would miss - I was never really the best at making friends. Honestly, I was pretty excited about the move. Why? Because it meant I got to go to an art school that I had been doing research on for months. Not to mention that it was a private school, so my social phobia wouldn't act up too much.

My mother had cooked a nice breakfast, which I scoffed down in seconds. After I finished, I got up to hug my mother goodbye. "(Y/N), I wish you luck on your first day. You can handle this. Be brave, don't let your guard down, and. . . Try to socialize a bit, won't you?" She then kissed me gently on the forehead.

"Thank you, Eomma. And I'll try. I love you." I said finally as I walked out the door. The school was a fair distance away, but nothing I couldn't handle. I took out my phone and connected the Bluetooth to my wireless headphones, then played the song I had been composing. Yes, I'm a composer - I'm also a pianist and photographer. Hence why I was excited to be attending this academy. I faintly hummed the melody as I kept a close eye on my surroundings, occasionally glancing over my shoulder. The streets weren't too terribly busy, but busy enough to tell that it was one hell of a city. I adjusted my beanie so that it covered my ears.

Several unproductive minutes pass by, and I'm met with the large wall that guarded the private music academy and tall gates. After taking a moment to admire the sight in front of me, I turn off my music and slide my headphones back to my neck.

"The 'Seoul Music Academy'," I read aloud.

"Glad you can read." A tired voice comes from behind me. I choose to ignore it, and moved on.