𝟓𝟏. 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

—RILEY

—RILEY.

It was about very late at night and playing this disk over And over again made something snap in my head.

Know I know what he truly wants from me, Although he wants to be my protector so bad there's somebody who's going to have to look out for him.

And it was me.

There was a small envelope which read 'I love you' in his writing making me smile.

I opened up the envelope as gently as I could.
Seeing a picture of a paper behind a picture of me with a missing tooth.

I flipped the the picture seeing writing on the back which belonged to Jahseh.

'Here lays your picture with my juvie papers'

He decided to include his juvie papers as well, My eyes over read the gun charges, Burglary and more.

The Envelope surprised me, A picture of my gazing into my own universe.

'You've made it to the cover of teeth'

I put a strain of my black hair behind my head as I took a small gulp of my own saliva.

My skin looked pale, My eye bags were darker than ever and I liked unhealthy which made me feel self conscious.

My finger shook over Jahseh's number, It began to dial with me rehearsing the phrase in my head.

A loud crowd seemed to become quiet.

"Riley?" I heard his raspy voice say. I slowly gasped stumbling over by the words that where about to escape my lips.

"I love you" I heard the lines breaking. "Ri—ley" the connection wasn't good at all.

"I love you" I repeated hoping he would hear.

"I love you Jahseh" I whispered knowing he didn't hear it.

"I love you too Riley" I help a content smile blankly staring at my phone which decided to die.

I was beginning to become impatient before I see kevin pop his head into my room.

He was sober, That meant I couldn't disappoint him because I knew he never means what he says one he's under the influence.

"Am I trouble?" A smile appeared on his face before seating himself beside me.

"Jasmine. Have you see her?" Shaking my head hearing a sigh come from him.

"There come this time in a relationship where all you do is argue to keep hope alive".

"I think I'm in love" I felt comfortable and I had to get it off my chest.

"He's very different, That boy" He seemed nice about it which was a nice change.

"I hope you're alright, You must've been scared". "I was but, I had to stay strong for my friends" Confessing my true feelings.

"The neighbour says you stole a box of cigarettes from him" I began to recall that other day when Jahseh was in need.

"Asshole," I mumbled under my breath before ruffling through on my hair. "Yeah, I did".

He stared at me before shaking head, "Apologize?".

We were in silence before he let himself out, "Goodnight".