7.3- A CHEATING GOOD FOR NOTHING WIFE AND A HARMLESS CHILD I CARED FOR.

↳Riley.

"I don't know Riley; It doesn't make sense to me either, I am confused" Jahseh spoke through the phone.

I began to overlook at the photos in front of me once more, Overthinking.
Suddenly I heard a loud crash on the front door. "I'll call you back".

I hurried my pace to go over to the living room. Hoping it was Jasmine, But unfortunately it was Kevin.

He slouched down sitting against the shut door as his red drunken eyes sort of closed. I bit down on my bottom lip nervously. I stood in front of him awkwardly.

"What are you doing up kid?" He spoke.
I thought he would've yelled at me, telling me to go back to my room or something.
"I want to ask you something" I spoke not believing what I was begging to get myself into.

He nodded slowly.
I soon thought I would take advantage of his drunk self and get as many answers as I could get from him—The answers I needed of course.

"Who is Lamar?" A simple question I asked hoping for a simple answer.
"Lamar he's a bad man who fucked this family over numerous times!," He paused taking a sip from his flask.

"He manipulated your aunt making her believe I was a stay at home junkie and a piece of shit—I mean look at me for god sakes!... I've became what I most feared".

It wasn't all the way there but I was slowly understanding. "You see, He made everyone seem like he was a nice cop who loved his cup of Folgers in the morning along with a glazed donut, But in reality he had everything planned out,"

"He would touch you in certain ways that just weren't appropriate in any standard, I tried telling your aunt about it but she was too busy having an affair with that asshole!".

My eyes widened making so many feeling ease into my Brian.
It made me think, Kevin wasn't the bad guy all along. I was so angry inside with myself and my aunt.

"If things were so tragic in your marriage why didn't you guys get a divorce?"
—"Because what would've been more tragic was me killing myself over a Cheating good for nothing woman and a harmless child I cared for".

Him speaking such words on my aunt just messed with my head, They way jasmine carried herself, No one would've ever expected the line of "A good for nothing wife". But my anger got to me and I added in my own details making the un-expected line to sound more so appealing, "A good for nothing wife who had an affair with a un-normal cop and a harmless child I cared for".

I just stood there watching him as he took another sip of his flask.
"That wouldn't of been tragic, That would've shown you cared".

He shakes his head as he un-Tied his tie.
I was mad at the world for a while until I laid on my bed upside down and thought the world would look better upside down.

"I guess we found our answer" I spoke into the phone as I curled my toes a bit feeling all the blood rushing down with a pace to my head. He was silent.
"Jahseh?" —"Can we make an arrangement tomorrow afternoon?" He spoke fast and unclear but clear enough for me to understand.

"Of course".
"Just a warring anything that is talked about or discussed about can only be known between me you and Stokeley" He spoke in a serious tone making sure I understood.

It made goosebumps appear on my skin.
"I understand". He didn't speak after that, Just the sound of stokeley in the background smoking and watching something of his liking on the television.

"Goodnight" he speaks out of nowhere.
"Good—night". He had hung up before I could even finish my phrase.
It was fishy, what could we be discussing Tomorrow that would seem so secretive and maybe even dangerous, The way he said it made me think of danger instantly.

I picked my head up feeling an extreme headache about to approach. I put my head up against the wall and thought about what was next in my life, Why is it that I'm finding out about this now?. I thought for hours and hours, Mostly thinking about how ironic it was for a Cop to be the suspect.

After all the normal looking people are sometimes the craziest.
In this case I needed to figure out what Kevin meant once he said— "he had everything planned out".