Follow Your Heart: NYC

"So Mitch, your new single seems to be about someone special? Could it be that there's a boy in your life?" The interview prodded as the Mitch shifted uncomfortably in his seat, giving the woman the most unrealistic grin possible. How many times is he going to be asked the same question over and over.
"No boy. I'm single as ever, just focusing on my music for now. The song is written about an old flame. One that's no longer in the picture unfortunately." He couldn't help but frown at the last part of that statement.
"Too bad. I'm sure you have boys lining up down the street for you." She threw in a too hearty laugh before fading off. "So how about a performance?"
"Sure."

Mitch dove into the haunting melody, singing about trying to rekindle old love. The chorus touched him in a way that it hadn't since he sat down to write the song months ago. By the time the last chord rang out, there were tears shining in his eyes. He took a deep breath and inhaled deeply, not letting the wetness spill over onto his cheeks. The interview made her way over and held up a copy of the new record that was due to drop in a few weeks.

"Everyone give it up for Mitch Grassi and his latest single, "Follow your Heart," available on iTunes and Amazon now. Be sure to pre-order his upcoming album "Broken. Have a great day New York."

Soon he was in an Uber traveling back to his hotel, Kevin trying to review the itinerary for the next few weeks but Mitch was zoned out. His manager noticed and slapped his arm.

"Hey!"
"You're not paying me any attention!"
"I know. I'm tired. I've been up since the fucking ass crack of dawn and that song takes a lot to perform. Why the hell I even put it on the album I don't know."
"Well why don't we go back to the hotel, I'll order you food and a masseuse and you can relax for the rest of the night. You still planning on staying until the weekend?"
"That actually sounds great Kevo. I knew I loved you for a reason. And yes, I'm staying."
"I would hope you loved me because I'm your best friend. When are you going to find him?"
"Huh?"
"The boy from the song." Mitch looked at Kevin oddly before the man continued. "Matt told me when I went in for a haircut the other day. Since Vince proposed to him, you know he's been such a hopeless romantic."
"He was a hopeless romantic long before then."
"You know it too. But for real, you going to look for him?"
Mitch took a deep breath before leaning on his best friend's broad shoulder. "I want to."
"But..."
"I'm so terrified. I don't know why he left and that scares me because what if he just didn't want to be with me any more."
"Well, if you decide to go you know I'll be right there if you want me."
"Didn't you tell me I should just forget about him?"
"Well, maybe I should stop being so cynical."

Mitch smiled and snuggled closer to Kevin as the driver maneuvered through traffic.

It was two days later and Mitch was sitting on the bed of his hotel suite, towel around his waist, phone in his hand. Sweet May's Bakery, 1789 13th Ave., Brooklyn. With traffic it would taken him a little over an hour to Uber to the location. He could be there before 11. If he would only get up and get dressed. Something was holding him back though. He heard the sound of the main door opening and knew it must be Kevin. The larger man made his way in and plopped down on the bed beside Mitch. He didn't speak, he just laid his hand on his best friend's knee letting him know he was there if he needed anything. After ten minutes of silence Mitch decided he had to move.

"Should I wear the black jeans or just blue ones? And what shirt do I wear?"
"Black jeans with that white button up and Docs."

He made his way to the closet pulling out the items and dressing right in front of Kevin. The two had long since ceased to be embarrassed by each other's nudity. He turned around with a final sigh of resignation.

"I'm going alone if that's okay."
"That's fine. I'll be here on standby with my phone."
"Thanks Kevy, I love you." He surged forward and hugged the taller man.
"Love you too munchkin."

The car stopped outside a long stretch of businesses, Mitch could see the bright blue and white awning which he recognized from the pictures on Instagram. He took a deep breath and stepped onto the curb after thanking his driver and giving the man a sizable tip.