Follow Your Heart: The Plan

Comment and vote!

Love lots -AV

Mitch looked at his phone for what seemed like the trillionth time over the past twenty-four hours. And nothing... at least nothing that he wanted or desired to see. There wasn't a message from his lost lover.

His manager/best friend walked into the room sighing when he saw Mitch curled under his duvet. "Are you going to get up today? You do have things to do Mitchell." No answer, only a half-hearted whimper. "You're leaving the house today. Whether you like it or not. You need a haircut and a shave and a new outfit. Austin is dying to get you into some of those new Balenciaga designs y'all were raving over. And Matt says he's free to fix that mop anytime today. So up..." He waited a moment before walking over and grabbing the blanket and ripping it backward to unveil the smaller man. "I swear to God I will drag your ass out of this bed Mitch. You have to be on a plane tomorrow afternoon and you haven't packed or anything!"

Something seemed to click for Mitch then, "a plane?"
"Yes. You have press in NYC starting the day after tomorrow for the new album and single you just dropped."
"But..."
"No buts. You have to go."
"Fine. But I'm not happy about it."
"I know you aren't. But you can't lay in bed and waste your life away waiting for some guy who didn't even care enough to actually break up with you three years ago."
"I had to do something to hurt him. Scott, my Scotty, wouldn't have done that."
"You didn't Mitch. And it's time you realize that. There are guys literally throwing themselves at you. Girls too to be honest. Just take your pick."
"It's not that simple. I still love him."
"Yea, well he obviously doesn't give two shits about you. And I hate saying that because I know it hurts you but I love you Mitch and I've watched you suffer too long over this guy."

Mitch didn't bother responding. He simply glared at Kevin as he gathered his things and pulled on a pair of joggers and a hoodie before sulking his way downstairs and to the car. Kevin followed, slipping into the driver's seat. They arrived at Matt's studio not long after, the stylist immediately taking Mitch into the chair.

"So Mitchy? What will it be today?"
"I don't know Matt. What do you think?"
"Well, you look good..." He wasn't able to finish his sentence before Kevin interupted.
"He needs a change. Maybe dye it. Go crazy."
"Mitch?"
"Sure, whatever Kevo says." He directed his attention to his manager, "can you please run down to that bakery I love and pick up a slice of the gluten free cheesecake and some of those chocolate chip cookies."
"Of course. Need anything Matt?"
"Nah man."

Soon Kevin rushed out of the salon and was gone, giving Mitch a minute to breath.

"So what's got you all tense?"
"Just these songs I've been writing and releasing have brought up some memories that kind of get me down."
"About that boy from college?"
Mitch nodded, he didn't want to speak for fear of losing control over his voice.
"I don't know alot about the situation, only what you've told me. But it seems like y'all really loved each other."
"We did." Mitch responded, his voice cracking.
"And you don't know what happened?"
Mitch shook his head no. "He just left, moved out. I didn't know anything until I got back to school and his room was empty." He was openly sobbing now. "I tried to ask what I did, we left for break on such a good note. And I couldn't wait to get back to my princess, but he was gone. And he wouldn't respond, he still won't. No one will."
"Have you tried talking to him?"
"He won't answer the phone."
"No, like face to face, in person, so he can't run away or ignore you. Do you know where he lives?"
"Someone where in New York. But not exactly sure where. He owns a bakery there."
"Do you know where the bakery is?"
"No, I just know the name of it."
"Well..." Mitch looked at his friend dumbfounded. "Google you idiot! Find out where it is and show up."
"But..."
"No buts Mitch. Follow your heart, find that boy."
"You've been listening to my new song?"
"Who hasn't babe? It's all over the radio. Now, what color shall we do?"
"Just keep it brown, maybe trim it up tight?"

Just then Kevin walked in with three bags of goodies from the shop. Way more that what Mitch had asked for. He handed Mitch the cheesecake while taking out two slices of pie for himself and Matt. As they ate Mitch thought about what Matt had said. Could he just show up to Scott's business and barge in demanding answers?

By the time the stylist finished Mitch had his answer.

"Kev, could you book me a few extra nights in the city? I have somethings I want to see to after press."
"Of course. Anything you need help with?"
"Nope. I need to do this alone," he stated with a hint of resolution.