Thank you

Connie re-entered the ED after coming back down from dropping Emma off to Jac at Darwin. Connie walked to the staff room to see Grace playing with Jacob. Connie leant against the doorframe admiring the scene in front of her. The person she loves spending time with her daughter. It melted Connie's heart but no one would find this out. Connie coughed and spoke up "Right Gracie let's get you home"

"AWHH but mum I am having fun here." Grace replied whining. "Besides we only just started this game."

"Right I am going to get my coat and bags when I get back we are going okay." Connie said – intending to take as long as possible so that Grace spent more time with Jacob; who knows if there may be more than one reason why Grace needs to spend time with him.

On her way back to her office Connie bumped into someone, "Sorry" they said.

"No, no, no, my mistake." Connie replied. Wow I really need to stop my built up walls from falling.

"I am looking for Mrs Beauchamp?" the person asked for directions to thank her – but only they knew this.

Obviously the person had not seen my name badge thought Connie. She said "Right well you're in luck because she is I."

"Oh I am so sorry I didn't realise it was you." The person said apologising for not knowing who she was.

"Don't worry its fine. What can I do for you?" Connie said

"Nothing, I just wanted to say thank you for what you did for my brother." The woman said.

"Ah well just doing my job, but glad I could help. He should be moved up to another ward soon. I will make sure to come and visit." Connie said – she loved these cases where she got thanked for what she does and always follows up on them. Maybe just maybe I do have a heart she thought – almost laughing at herself.

"Yes you must, Mr Fletcher you must thank him for us." The woman smiled.

"I will thank you." Connie said entering her office smiling. She was in deep thought about everything in her life – how lucky she was; she had most defiantly gone soft.

She was looking out of her window above the sink over her department –everything she had made better and created. Charlie approached her "You should be proud" placing his hand on her shoulder.

"I am, and if you dare tell anyone I will physically hunt you down." Connie replied smirking, similarly to how Jac had earlier.

Connie picked up her bag and coat and walked out of her office trusting Charlie to lock her office. She approached the staff room. "Right missy let's get going."

"Mum what took you so long? I thought you were going to rush to get home" Grace said – Connie had been a while.

"I got caught up with a patients relative darling" She replied placing her hand on Grace's face. Grace hugged her tightly.

"What at this time." Jacob said making his presence known.

"Yes Mr Masters." Connie said flirtatiously.

Grace said "Mummy, can we watch a film when we get in?"

"Hmmm. We will have to see. Of course darling" Connie said smiling down at her.

"Can Jacob come?" Grace asked.

"You will have to ask him sweetheart." Connie said to Grace.

"Jacobbbbb"