Chapter Twelve

Recap:

"That's what you do when you love someone. You did it for me. Let me help you too."

"I keep messing up."

"I forgave you for leaving. I really did. And I'll forgive you for this too, I don't have to forgive you for your family stuff and for Nate because that's your business and you still told me the truth. "

I swallowed as I stared in his eyes, "but how many times do you say I'm sorry and I say it's okay? How many times am I supposed to sport a puffy face due to crying over you? How many times am I gonna be the last to find out?"

"I'm sorry"-

"I don't," I breathed heavily. "I don't want to hear another I'm sorry from anyone. Just show me that you still care."

He nodded his head as he started the car up. I stared back out the window at the trees and those depressed trees reflected me.

                                                                                                                 Fueling the Bonfire

I woke up bright and early-beating my alarm.I actually woke with a smile on my face as I quickly got showered and dressed. I decided to play it safe today by putting on a pair off acid washed jeans and a crop top sweater starring a chunky baby monkey on the front. I decided to pair them with a black pair of Vans, deciding to keep it casual. 

My attitude today was so great because of one little detail...I had plans tonight. My good friend Allison called my last night after the whole shabang went down and invited me to a little bon fire that some guys from school were throwing. Allison always was compared to Allison from Pretty Little Liars because of her sharp tongue, short temper and manipulative ways. Her strawberry blonde hair did not help her plead her "We are totally different" arguement.

The bonfire originally belonged to a guy named Blake. He was on the football team and he was really popular, so when Allsion told me it would be a "little bonfire" I immediately translated it to mean "A full blown project X woods Party" and I was excited for it.

I ran downstairs and upon seeing Nate I froze and for the first time in my life I had to think about what I was going to say to him.

I settled for, "Good morning Nate." I greeted as I grabbed a fruit salad from the fridge.

"Morning," he said eyeing me oddly. "You look very teenager-y."

I laughed and shrugged my shoudlers at him. "Perks of having my brother back."

"Nope." he said popping the "P". "That's that famous Pre-Party Glow." he said smirking up at me.

I laughed nervously when he said he wanted to tag along. "Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean there will be drinking..." I trailed off eyeing his reaction.

"Yeah. You're right." he said laughing unsteadily. "I uh I have a- something to do." I watched his back as he retreated away from me and I instantly felt like an asshole, but yet I didn't stop him. I didn't want to play babysitter.

I jumped at the blare of a horn and curiously went to my front door to check for the source of the sound.

"What in the hell?" I asked laughing as I checked out the bike before my eyes. I didn't even spare the beholder of the beauty a glance until I looked at him for an explanation. Tyson was wearing a pair of light colored jeans with a simple white Nike shirt paired with a pair of Nikes. He could look like a god in anything.