Chapter Eighteen

Recap:

He paused as he looked me in the eye. "I was selfish by leaving without a word because I knew that you'd react the way you did. You thought I was hurt and you never stopped loving me. It was stupid and selfish and it was the plan of a stupid, sick teenage boy and I'm sorry but I'm back and I am going to take back my life." He reached forward and grabbed my hand.

"Starting with you. You're my prize Pay. And I know we have hella problems to sort out and we will. I have faith but as of right now we should go to school."

He leaned forward and gave me a loving kiss on the forehead as he led me to the now opened passenger seat door.

I was speechless. That was the apology I wanted.

But why doesn't it feel right yet?

I feel...guilty.

One name popped into mind and I kne

                                                                      Punching Back

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry."

"He's sorry Payson."

"I will never do it again Payson. I'm sorry."

Blah. Blah. Blah.

I am tired of hearing about Griffin and his apologies over and over again.

I really liked him.

Hell I loved him.

It felt so weird to say that. And by weird i meant in a gross, weird, guilty way.

I was sitting in my English class full of idiots when I raised my hand quietly. I tried to call out to my teacher but my attempts were drowned out by the noise of the idiots.

"Excuse me?" I tried again. Every time I try to be nice people people ignore me.

I stood violently showing my irritation. "Can you shut up?" I snapped loudly catching the attention of everyone around me. For once since I've been in the class they've shut up.

"Sit down." some idiot named Jerald yelled with a few added snickers.

"Shut the hell up." A voice from behind piped before I had a chance to retort to him. Jerald looked offended but my snide smirk quickly changed to a disgusted scowl.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped.

"I told you I was gonna transfer." he said matter-of-fact.

The attention we had on the class dispersed causing them to continue into annoying murmur of their everyday chit chat. Our teacher didn't even care. She just sat there looking depressed and tired.

Lazy git.

"You stalking me now?" I asked angrily.

"Nope." he said bubbly.

"You sure?" I asked again.

"I am sure." He responded with a small smile.

"Oh." I said rudely as I walked to my teachers desk.

"May I have a pass to the library? I can't concentrate." I mumbled fumbling with papers.

"Yeah sure." She said distant as she scribble on the parchment.

"Thank you," I said as I turned to walk away.

"May that pass carry two names?" I heard him ask behind me. I started speeding profoundly as I tried to stalk away from him.

"Payson stop." He order from behind me.

"No you stop." I called over my shoulder. "Leave me alone. Go back to your old school and your old life. Just leave me alone." I snapped not even daring to spare him a glance as I slipped out of the front doors of our school.

"Doing what you do best, huh?" He said pushing the double doors with a force that would've made me jump on any other occasion. "Well I'm not going to let you run away this time Payson! I love you-"

"Look at my face!" I screamed at him as I turned around. He stood frozen on the spot as he looked at my face.

"I'm sorry." he said lamely.

"Oh yeah I bet." I snapped as I turned around. "It hurt like shit and a simple sorry won't make this bruising go away."

"It was an accident."

"I asked you to let me handle it!" I snapped at him. "I handle Tyson. I'm the only one who can say an ill word about him and whether you or I like it or not he will always come before anyone else!"

He looked taken back by my outburst. "I can't compete with a cancer patient." he snapped as he turned away from me. My mouth had gone dry and my anger had risen. My temper was at all time high and any self control that I used I have was gone.

I chased after him and grabbed his wrist turning him around to face me. He looked almost happy to see me...well that was before my hand collided with his nose, and eye and mouth. The blows came so fast his hands were moving frantic around his face to find something to cover.

"What the hell?" he yelled looking at me with blood leaking out of his mouth.

"You'll remember to never speak down on him in front of me." And with that I walked away with my head held high.

**

"You punched Griffin Van?" Nate asked astonished. I nodded smirking as he wrapped my bruised hand in bandages.

"Why?" he asked suddenly.

I shrugged. "Being a jerk."

"You're definitely a violent one lil' sis." I erupted into a fit of giggles.

"Only when provoked."

"You better hope mom doesn't find-"

"Payson!" she screeched loudly.

"Out." he finished wincing.

"Oops." I said simply as I stood to face her.

"Yes mom?" I called as I got down stairs.

"You have a guest." she announced.

When I turned the corner I saw a face that made me erupt into a huge grin.

"Uncle Devin!"

** authors note.

Completely unedited lol.

Sorry. But I had been missing for a while.