Chapter 11

I'm pacing back and forth in Brendon's apartment numb, unsure of what to do. I just watched Brendon, my boyfriend, my protector, get taken away in handcuffs. 

I'm not that upset about the drugs  because I'm not that surprised. He told me he used to deal drugs so I assumed he did them too. He's also been arrested for drug possession once before. I feel like I should be mad but I'm not... I know him too well at this point... this isn't who he is. 

And the whole time I've know him I've never seen him high. 

I stop pacing because I suddenly know what I have to do... how could I not think of this before. I happen to know a very good lawyer, the only problem is this person also happens to be my mom... 

I stand in front of her office door afraid off what happens next. I'm not ready to face her yet, it's only been a few day since she kicked me out. But then I picture Brendon: his beautiful smile, him singing Frank Sinatra, the pain his been through, and most of all how much he cares about me. I need to help him and now. So I knock...

"come in" I hear my mom say. I walk in and when I do she looks up from the file on her desk. "Florence..." she says shock on her face. The next thing I know she is out of her chair giving me a hug. " I missed you so much Florence ... I'm so ashamed of what I did.. I- I don't even know what to say." "i missed you too mom" is all I could manage to say. now with our tears wiped away we sit down at her desk. 

"why are you here honey? you never visit me at work." she asks "um... mom I- I need your help... like professionally... as a lawyer." I reply. She instantly looks concerned " are you ok? are you in trouble? whats going on Florence?" she says it in rapid fire. "I'm ok mom... it not me its.. its... Brendon..." I say looking down, afraid of her reaction. "Brendon..." she says confused and unamused. "yes mom Brendon, my boyfriend." I reply. "BOYFRIEND?!" she exclaims "Yes mom, boyfriend! and he needs help! His apartment was raided by the police! He was just arrested for 'possession of marijuana'..." "Oh Florence I told y-" "MOM! please listen to me. He's been hurt too many times and help me so much.. I just can't turn my back on him now. He's just a sad boy with a heart of gold... and he needs help! Please just listen." I rant, getting out all my emotions. my mom is speechless. She just stares at me. She looks into my desperate, worried eyes. Then her face softens. "ok honey, I'm listening" So I tell her everything 

I told her about how he saved me in the park and what Brice did in Starbucks that day. How he thinks he's not good enough for me and tried to push me away in the beginning. I told her about his scars and his tattoos. How I helped him after his fight and how he broke the mirror. I told her about how he saw me drunk and took me to his place so I would be safe. Him being Bi and his parents kicking him out. I told her about our first date and first kiss. The shame he felt when the security guard in the mall followed us and how beautifully he can sing. I told her about his past with drugs and the law but how as long as i've known him I've never seen him high. I told her about his laugh, his smile, his beautiful eyes, how his hair looks when he just wakes up, and how he softly snores while he sleeps like an adorable cartoon puppy. And finally, how he didn't hesitate to comfort me and let me stay at his place when she, herself kicked me out. 

She sat there, blinking, processing everything she just heard. Then finally takes out her phone...

" Hi, yes Judge Row please"