Marvel [Loki X Reader]

Imagine befriending the God of Mischief as he and the Asgardians seek to make Midgard their new home. He becomes quite attached to you, the unflappable Midgardian, and is more than a little upset when his favorite human shows up with a myriad of bruises.

Author's Note: So I recently watched Thor: Ragnarok and I fell in love with Hiddleston's portrayal of Loki in this film. It was, by far, my favorite! With that said, I got an idea for a Loki imagine when Loki asked Thor if he thought it was wise he be taken back to Earth. With that said, please excuse the OOC-ness of Loki. I tried! I really did.

Trigger Warning: Mentions a physically abusive relationship/the damage left behind.

The streets of New York have always been noisy, but today it's just a little bit... more. There have been gaggles of boys and girls- teenagers, really- every few blocks, all of them gushing about something on their phones. But not one to dig too deep into something that's not your business, you keep your thumbs hooked into the straps of your backpack and thank God above that your Professor cancelled your last class.

You spot a hot dog vendor and immediately get in line, your need for sustenance winning out for the time being. And it's as you're waiting in line that you hear it- it being the rather posh and articulate voice arguing back and forth with an amused accented one.

"Oh my god, are you Thor?!" Someone from behind you squeals. "What happened to your hair?"

You wince and barely contain yourself from glancing over your shoulder, but you can't help yourself from turning around when you hear people start asking for selfies. You roll your eyes when you see a very tall and muscular, dirty blonde individual bending at the knees to make sure he's in the frame of the current picture being taken, and then snort when you see his dark haired companion rolling his eyes as well. You're immediately on edge when you continue to stare at the dark haired individual and realize just exactly who he is... but then you take a deep breath and realize you're overreacting.

Thor's one of the good guys, so if the God of Mischief is with Thor... then he must be good. Sort of.

"This is why I don't like going into public with you," Loki huffs when Thor's fangirls disperse.

Thor smiles. "Brother, you're just jealous you have no fans of your own."

"And that's where you're wrong, brother." Loki's quick to retort. "One look at that Midgardian girl's shirt," he says while pointing at you, "and you'll see her green shirt bears an image of my horned helmet."

You freeze and your eyes widen when Thor looks directly at you. His gaze falls to the image on your shirt before his sparkling gaze meets yours and he flashes you his megawatt smile. "I-I'm sorry!" You blurt. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop."

"Nonsense," Thor chuckles. "It is pleasing to see one wear something that belongs to my brother."

"Yes," said brother drawls. "But it begs the question, how crazy are you to dare to be so bold and wear something that belongs to the man who tried to conquer your planet?"

Gaping, your gaze darts back and forth between the brothers. "Um. I- I liked it? Earth was pissed at you a while back, hell a lot of people still are pissed, but-"

"But?" Loki smirks.

"But someone called into question your sanity at the time because it came to light that you might have mind-whammied too, and since Thor never gave up on you a lot of people dug deep into the SHIELD files that were released onto the internet and learned some interesting things." You take a deep breath, your heart pounding in nervousness, and then exhale. "You've got some fans now. There's Loki merch that some people are happy to buy."