Revelation's History

I woke up to the sound of alarms and a cold floor. It turned out the floor was better than the bed. I got myself up. Now it was time to get on my armor. The guard came over and got me out of my cell. He took me to the armory room. They instructed me to stay still and lift my arms up. The program started and the armor was put on. Since it was my second year my armor was red. When I first got this armor on I felt safe, but knowing what's ahead makes me doubt it.

I walked out of the room and David was next. He looked angry. I couldn't blame him. After my outburst from the day before, we hadn't talked. I knew that today I needed to apologize because testing starts. If we didn't stick together we could have died. Now we got into our groups. Alex, David, Me, and other people from different sections of Wisconsin got into the room. The sergeant told us some information.

"Alright before we start, I would like to clarify some things. Let this be a lesson of history. In 2031, a world crisis began. Communism had once again made its way to Russia. This led to a war, between U.S.A and the communist Russia. The war soon got devastating. Nukes and radiation caused major pollution. World population had majorly declined. We ended the war in 2034. What we thought was over, wasn't yet. Turns out, Russia had nukes under the ocean. So, the president activated project Crisis. Project Crisis was made for nuclear threats. It was a tragedy. The project failed and wiped out most of the world. It destroyed the bordering states. There was little of Russia left. Still, that little hid in Canada. Canada soon was on board and declared war. We made more defenses. No one left and no one entered. The remaining states were split into sections. Wisconsin had seven sections." He informed.

It wasn't over yet, he continued. "We made the tests in 2048. It was soon the law. You all must understand. This is for the country's sake. Now, it is time. This-" The sergeant pointed to the Pocket-world portal. "is the portal to the testing. Now is the time to make sure you have your armor on."

Everyone checked their armor. I don't know why they tell us the history of this place. If we are in groups of age, by the time we are 18 we will have heard this four times. A worker activated the portal. It looked amazing. They made it to calm you down. I calmed down, soon to remember David. That whole time I forgot. Now I had to apologize in the test. "Alright, good luck soldiers and God save our souls." We all lined up, single file. David was behind me. "I'm sorry. You are my brother. What I said back there wasn't right. I was so angry I just-" He nodded. I was up next.

Fear caught me again with it's merciless grip. It got me right now, because I remembered. We didn't have any watches or clocks in there, but when we returned it was week. Yet in there, it felt like a month. That's because it was a month. Time changes in the Pocket-world. A week on Earth is a month in the Pocket-world. The guard pushed me. "Hurry up" He demanded. Everything disappeared as soon as I took that step. That one step...into the pit.

If you liked this chapter, feel free to vote, comment, or follow for more! Your votes and comments tell me that people read the book, which makes me want to write more. :)