Chapter 9

Ellie's POV

My eyes fluttered open to see the morning sunlight streaming through a gap in the curtains, and an empty space next to me. I remember falling asleep cuddling with Maxi. Oh well. I got out of bed and made my way into the kitchen to see a note on the table. It was from Maxi. He was at work but wanted me to come down later on.

I decided to go down this morning, so I went back into Maxi's room and put a bikini on and put some ripped dungaree shorts on over the bikini (we picked up some clothes from my house before coming here) and put my hair in a braided crown. When I went back into the kitchen, I saw one of Maxi's hoodies over the back of the sofa, with a note on it saying I could wear it if I wanted. I put it on and could smell Maxi's aftershave on. I smiled to myself slightly; he really does know how to make me feel better. I really do care about him. I picked up my bag and made my way down to Bondi, luckily I had memorised the route from Maxi's house yesterday and soon enough I had taken my sandals off to feel the warm sand envelope my toes.

I walked up to the tower and knocked on the door to see an unknown face answer me.

"How can I help you?" he asked.

"Erm, is Maxi here?" I asked him, gingerly.

"He's about to go on lunch break and is in the middle of the beach, you can probably see the rhino. Are you the girl he's been talking about non-stop?"

"Erm, I'm not sure." I replied, blushing fiercely.

"Is your name Ellie?" he asked, smirking at me slightly.

"Yes, has he been talking about me?"

"Yep, non-stop. I'll just say on the radio that you're here."

"No! I heard him and Hoppo saying that they didn't want it over the radio, I'll just walk down to him, thanks."

"It's okay." He shouted after me as I walked away. I followed the line of tracks left by the rhino. I seemed to be walking for ages until I looked up to see the rhino right in front of me.

"Maxi?" I asked, a bit gingerly.

"Yeah, what can I do for...Ellie!" he must've thought I was someone who needed help at first, then realised it was me. He engulfed me in a hug, swung me round and gave me a quick peck on the lips. When he put me down, he introduced me to who he was working with.

"This is..."

"Jesse, I know. You were working with him yesterday."

"Was I" he asked confused.

"Yes, come on Maxi, it was yesterday!" I said, laughing at him, Jesse joining in as well. He blushed when he realised I was right and he looked so cute.

"Anyway," he said, trying to change the subject off us laughing at him, "I'm on my lunch break now, so do you want to grab some lunch with me" he questioned.

"Yeah, that would be nice." I replied. He smiled at me, and I returned it.

"I just need to sign out, and then we can go."

"Yeah, sure." He intertwined his hand in mine, before a cough from Jesse brought us back to the real world. He was sat in the driver's seat, eyebrows raised at us, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Whenever you two lovebirds are ready."

"Shut it Jess." Maxi said, whilst I just blushed, looking at the ground.

Maxi pulled me along to the rhino, where he helped me into the back, and got in the passengers seat.

------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed! There will be a little bit of drama in the next chapter-so stay tuned!

Comment and Vote!

xxx