Chapter 11

Ellie's POV

"Maxi?" I asked.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"When do we tell them?" I asked, "Because, Hoppo will want to know and you probably want to tell Jesse, but you may not want it getting out to all the other boys."

"I know what you mean. When do you want to tell?" he asked, putting me first.

"I don't mind, I mean, it's the boys I'm more concerned about. I'm ready to tell when you are." I replied.

"Shall we do it now then?" Maxi asked. I nodded in response. I slipped my hand into his and felt it soften. Maxi's hand was big and strong and warm and it made me feel safe. He made me feel safe.

We walked across the promenade and into the lifeguard tower when Maxi spoke up.

"Guys, I have an announcement to make." He said.

Maxi's POV

As soon as I said I had an announcement, Hoppo walked into the tower. Oh crap.

"So Maxi, what is this announcement?" he asked.

"Well..." I started.

"I think I know what it is, and if it is what I think, I'll need a word after." Oh crap. Again.

"Well, after having lunch today, me and Ellie are now together!" I said, the smile growing on my face. I glanced at Ellie to see her smiling and blushing. I then looked at Hoppo; he seemed surprisingly calm about it. You know what they say, the calm before the storm.

"So come on then!" a voice shouted, "Tell us what happened!" I think it was Harries.

"Well..." I started, "me and Ellie were sat in a café and she sat down and realised the guy who served her had written his number on Ellie's receipt. I got really annoyed then, and had a right go at him, saying he would regret it if he hit on my girl again. When I had sat down again, Ellie asked why I said that."

"He was going to ask me round to his tonight and ask me then but it ended up being a few hours earlier." Ellie finished for me. There were cheers around the room before Hoppo spoke up.

"Maxi, a word please." He said sternly. The room suddenly went silent. Ellie started to follow out but Hoppo stopped her, "Just Maxi, Els Bells." She stopped, a bit surprised before Hop pulled me out the room.

Ellie's POV

Oh god. Now Maxi was going to get the story on how he should treat me right and stuff. Every guy would leave me after that talk, very creeped out about my mum, and dad's death.

I tried to take my mind off it by watching the water, even though it wasn't my job.

"So how long have you known Maxi" Harries asked me.

"Since you and him rescued me. He has just seemed to be there for me, since the accident. At our date, we just seemed to click. I know it sounds really cliché and stuff."

"No, no." he said, "it was the same with me and my girlfriend. We just clicked and so far we're going strong."

"At least someone gets it. Loads of people say it's too soon, but maybe it just didn't happen to them. I trusted him enough to tell him my story. And only few people know."

"I totally get you." I smiled at Harries, glad someone understood.

Maxi's POV

I followed Hoppo out, and he told me to shut the door.

"Right, I'm just going to cut straight to the point. I can tell Ellie likes you, and I can tell you like her. But I need you to treat her well. Please Maxi, for her sake. Last time she got hurt like that, she became ill. I can't see her go through that again. It really knocked her back. But every time I give a guy this 'talk' they leave. If you really like her, and if you really have feeling for her and want something with her, you won't. If something does come between you, if you argue or something, I won't put you on all the bad jobs, you just may not be my favourite person in that moment of time. Understand?"

"Yeah, I really like Ellie, and I don't want to see her hurt. When she told me what she's been through, and she started crying, I knew that she trusted me enough to be able to tell me that. And I want to keep that trust."

"I'm glad you understand, and I really appreciate all that you've done for her these past few days, she's needed that support, and you were there to give it to her, when I wasn't."

"Hop, it's not that you weren't there, you just didn't know and I didn't want to say it over the radio. That's why I text you. That's all." We had a hug before going back inside and Ellie walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"He gave you the 'talk' didn't he?" she whispered to me.

"Yep, but I'll be here for you. I promise. And I don't break promises." I whispered back. She smiled and kissed me on the cheek, having to go on her toes to do so.

A cough from Hoppo broke the moment and he nodded towards the rota. I waked over to see I was down backpackers with Beardy. It was a warm day today as well so I knew it would be busy.

"Come on Beardy; let's get down there before something happens." He nodded in response and I walked out the tower and to the rhino. I waited for Beardy to get in the passenger side and when he did so I felt a thump from the back. I looked behind to see Ellie smiling at me sheepishly.

I just gave a nod so she knew she could stay and she grinned at me in response. I drove us down to backpackers to see Reidy and Mouse there. I chuckled at the look Reidy gave me, well, he was with the black cloud, he's probably had a good few rescues.

I pulled up beside them and they looked so relieved to see us arrive.

"It's your lunch break now." They nodded and started the rhino to go back up to the tower.

---------------------

They announced it! Hope you all enjoyed! What do you think will happen next chapter?

As always vote and comment!

xxx