Chapter 16

A.N. Sorry that I didn't post on Wedensday, thank you for all the wonderful comments! Love you all!

*The next day*

Ellie's POV

It was an eventful day at work today, the summer crowds building up a lot, nobody listening to what we say, and then getting stuck in the rip.

I had just walked back into my apartment, and let out a hue sigh when my phone pinged with a message.

Unknown Number

"Stay away from my man, you don't deserve him. You have done nothing good for him, and you will never do anything good for him. He can do so much better than you, like, hmm, me for example. So I suggest you stay away so he can come back to me. Or you will regret it. Understand hun?

Lucie"

As soon as I read it, I broke down in tears. I fumbled for my phone and called Maxi.

"Hello beautiful, can't keep away from me?" I could hear him smile at that.

"Maxi, I need you." Was all I could make out before I started crying again.

Maxi's POV

"Maxi, I need you." I then heard Ellie start crying. Oh god. What had happened?

"Ellie, I'm on my way. I will be there as soon as possible." I shoved on my thongs, and ran out my apartment and to my car. Speeding along the road, I made it there in half the time I usually do.

I ran up to Ellie's apartment and grabbed the spare key from under the flower pot. I fumbled with the key until I managed to open the door.

And there, on the floor, was Ellie, in a crumpled heap, crying her eyes out. I ran over and wrapped my arms around her and just let her cry into me.

When she had calmed down, I cautiously asked her what was wrong, and that's when she showed me the message, from Lucie. How could she?

"Ellie, I'm going to just make a phone call, alright?"

"Not Hoppo." Was all she said.

"No, don't worry." I kissed her on the forehead before I went into the bedroom. That was when I dialled Lucie's number.

"Hey, Maxi baby. What can I do for you?"

"Lucie, listen. You need to leave Ellie alone. I will never leave her for you. Understand?"

"But what has she got for you? I'm so much better than her, aren't I?"

"No, Lucie, you're not. Ellie is so much better than you, and she is so caring."

"Yeah, but you want a beautiful girlfriend don't you?"

"Of course I do. And I have a beautiful girlfriend, a gorgeous girlfriend. Ellie."

"How is she beautiful?"

"She is beautiful, on the outside and the inside, in so many ways you're not." I was shouting now.

"Maxi, you're the only one for me."

"And Ellie is the only one for me. Now you don't come to Bondi, you leave me alone. And most importantly, you leave Ellie alone." I yelled down the phone, before I hung up.

I then walked back into Ellie's living room to see Ellie looking slightly scared and worried.

"I'm sorry for shouting, but I was just so annoyed at Lucie."

"It's just I've never heard you shout like that before, you always seem so happy." I laughed at this and simply said, "I will be happy, as long as I'm with you."

*Next morning*

I woke up to a different bed to mine, and then all the events from last night came back into my mind. I put my arms tighter around Ellie and felt her stir in my embrace. I kissed her softly on the forehead.

"Morning beautiful. We both start at nine and its seven, so we have two hours to kill." She nodded slightly and went to get out of bed.

"And where do you think you're going?" I asked, a smirk on my face.

"To get ready." She replied, in a sleepy voice.

"But we have two hours rather than 45 minutes today, so come cuddle." I opened my arms and she slipped back under the duvet as my arms went around her, she snuggled into me, and put her head in the crook of my neck. It was nearing eight o'clock when I propped myself up on my elbows, I looked over at Ellie, she had her eyes closed, but was still awake. She was so beautiful, her curly hair fanned out over the pillow, her eyelashes were long and they rested on her cheek. I leant over, so I was on top of her, but putting all my weight on my arms, slowly leaning down, I softly kissed her neck, leaving butterfly kisses all over it. I saw her smile as she moved her head to allow me better access. I smiled against her skin when I felt her run her hands through my hair, tangling them. I kissed her jawline, and carried on kissing upwards until my lips met hers, we both smile into the kiss when Ellie's phone started ringing. She groaned and leaned over to see who it was.

A flash of panic went across her face as she picked up. She listened intently before panic was written across her face and then a few tears slipped out. I quickly rushed over and hugged her, letting her tears fall as she said yes and hung up.

"Ellie, what's happened?" I asked, the concern and worry laced in my voice.

"It was Hoppo, something happened, I need to go see him." She said before standing up and quickly getting ready.

"I'll come with you!" I shouted into the bedroom door as she got ready. I decided to change at Bondi as I knew Ellie wouldn't want to go to mine first.

"But Maxi, you have no clothes."

"I'll find a spare uniform there, you don't want to go to mine first."

"But, Maxi.." I cut her off.

"Ellie, it's clear you want to see Hoppo fast, so we will go straight there." She sighed and we walked out the door and into my car. It was a short journey, we didn't need the car, but I knew Ellie was panicking, so it was just us in the car. I reached over and took her hand, and she squeezed it. We found a space and she took a deep breath before walking into Hoppo's office, I went too, so I was there just I case.

--------------------------------

What's happened with Hoppo? Is Lucie going to come back?

As always vote and comment!

xxx