Chapter 13

A.N. Hey guys, sorry about what happened earlier, I'm not too sure myself what happened, so I've completely written this chapter again. Enjoy!

Maxi's POV

"Maxi! Maxi! Maxi!" I heard someone shouting me, the voice getting closer. I spun round to see Ellie running towards me with a big grin on her face. I was confused, 10 minutes ago, she was so worried about what Hoppo had seen.

She ran into my arms, hugging me tightly.

"Okay, what have I missed?"

"So, I got really scared when I went up with Hoppo, but, he wants me to be like a trainee lifeguard for a month or so and if I do okay then I could have a shot at being a proper lifeguard!" she exclaimed, the grin on her face from ear to ear. I picked her up and twirled her around, the smile on her face starting to match mine.

"That's great news! I'm so proud of you!" I said happily.

"Well done Ellie, I reckon you'll be a great lifeguard." I turned around with Ellie still in my arms and she smiled at Beardy.

"Thanks Beardy, I guess I'll see you on Monday then." She said happily as she turned to go.

"I'll text you in a bit!" I shouted after her and she turned and smiled at me.

Ellie's POV

O.M.G. I was actually going to be a lifeguard! I'd always wanted to follow in Hoppo's path, but never thought I could make it.

Maxi's response made me smile as well, I was happy to see him so happy about this. Just then, my phone beeped with a call.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey gorgeous, it's me, Maxi."

"I didn't think it would be you."

"Really, why not?"

"Cause you're the only guy that has called me gorgeous."

"So why didn't you think it was me?"

"Sarcasm, Maxi. Have you never heard of it before?" I asked, grinning, even though he couldn't see me.

"Okay, okay. So, dinner at my place tonight?"

"No."

"What?" he asked, I could sense he was upset.

"Dinner at my place."

"Are you sure?"

"Maxi, can you even cook?" I asked, smiling. Silence.

"I'll take that as a no then." I said with a small laugh.

"Okay, dinner at yours tonight."

"Okay, but don't dress fancy, I was thinking we could watch a film afterwards."

"Yeah, sure. That's a good idea."

"Okay, what do you fancy?" I asked.

"You decide."

"Erm, okay, how about my favourite meal, from England?"

"Yeah, sure what is it?" he asked. I giggled. I knew he'd be confused by what I was about to say.

"Toad in the hole." I said, then hung up, laughing.

Maxi's POV

Toad in the – what the hell is toad in the hole?!?!

"Chappo?" I called.

"What's up Maxi?" he replied.

"What the bloody hell is toad in the hole?"

"What? What the hell are you on about? You haven't had a green whistle have you?"

"What? No! Ellie is cooking it tonight and I have no idea what it is."

"Google, mate. It's your best friend at times like this."

"Cheers." I replied. I pulled my phone out my pocket and googled toad in the hole. It was apparently sausages in Yorkshire pudding. That sounded nice, I look forward to that.

"Oh, also Maxi, I'd like to introduce you to my girlfriend Tiff." Chappo said, coming up from the medical area with his arm around a pretty girl.

"Hi, nice to meet you." I said, being as polite as I could.

"I have to go now Chappo, my shift starts in 20 minutes." She said, kissing him on the cheek. Chappo nodded and she walked out, and as soon as that door closed, Chappo was in trouble. I started ribbing him until he chased me down to the waters edge.

---------------

So we met Tiff in this chapter! What do you think of her? There will some drama next chapter!

Vote and comment

xxx