Chapter 6: Trust

"These 'lerkers', what are they and why do they chase us like that. " Sally breaks the minutes of silence with a question that bothers me too.

"They used to be just like us, living, breathing humans. Well me and Blair found out the hard way that once humans get bitten by these things, they turn into one of them. They are constantly hungry for blood and they are always lerking around until they sense someone around them. That's why they were named lerkers. " Hela explained.

We were all sitted in silence and i just can't stop noticing how Blair haven't said a thing since we got here.

"So is  Blair always shy around girls?" I said, jokingly.

"Watch what you say. You don't know who i am and i don't know who you are. Just because we are together in this same room, doesn't give me the reason to talk to you." Blair burst out in anger while Hela went to him trying to calm him down.

"Sorry, he has been going through a lot lately, he uh, he just lost his brother. " Hela turned to us and explained with eyes of a sad puppy.

"Jeez, sorry. Didn't mean to come out too strong. " I apologised.

Moments after, all of us just sat in silence while Blair keeps checking the monitors for updates on those lerkers. Sally, being a sleepy head that she is, already fallen asleep on my shoulders. How can she even get comfortable in this type of situation, in this type of room, in this type of sitting. Like come on. Eventhough none of us had eaten since morning, we don't really feel that hungry. Must be because of those butterflies that keeps filling my stomach up.

"Here, if those lerkers grab a hold of your hair, you might be in trouble." Hyuni, out of the blue, offers Hela a hairband to tie her hair as it was very long. Like to the hips kind of long.

"How thoughtful. Thankyou Hyuni" Hela replies while laying down her two katanas from her back, on the floor and asked
"So what do you reckon? A bun? Space buns? A pony? You decide for me Hyuni" with a smile.

"Hmmm, a Roman braid! You'll look amazing with it, trust me!" Hyuni answered with a face that is so bright that it could literally compete with the sun.

"Well, i don't really know how to do it. Wanna show me how?" Hela asked as she offers the hairband back to Hyuni.

I couldn't help but to just smile, looking at how happy Hyuni was. It's been awhile since she was this happy, she has always been the isolated, serious type. Eventhough she's cheeky, i have never seen her this, cheeky.

"My mum used to tie my hair like this when i was in Korea. She loves to play with my hair and she will always say i look beautiful." Hyuni opens up her life story to Hela that she personally never did to me nor Sally, while tieing her hair into the Roman braid.

"Oh yeah?" Hela chuckles and continue with "Is she in Singapore too?"

"No, shes still in Korea, i hope shes okay. I really miss her." Hyuni replied.

"Aww i'm sure she misses you too Hyuni" Hela tried to comfort her.

"Here, have this. This belongs to my mum. She got it as a gift and she has been using it only for cutting open mail. But i saw other potential so i took it and kept it incase." Hela handed a nice looking dagger when she noticed Hyuni's broken smile.

Hyuni smiles while sliding the dagger in her pocket. As Hyuni was all up on Hela's hair, i noticed Blair giving an uneasy vibe around while looking at Hyuni and Hela in an odd way. I chose to ignore it as i don't really want to spark his flame like i accidentally did just now. He is literally a ticking bomb waiting to go off and i don't want to be the one who cause him to go boom. So i snuggle up with Sally and try to force myself into a deep sleep, despite my empty stomach and a million worries. Although getting myself to dream about unicorns and rainbows are almost impossible, i still hoped to have quite a pleasant rest. Theres only soo much you could ask for in these times anyways.