Chapter 8

"Jinn! Jinn wake up!" I sit straight up and Kanaan looks at me concerned. "What's wrong?" I wipe my eyes and say "Nothing." He gives me a look and I say "Nightmare." He nods, I expect him to say something along the lines of 'most people who survive the clone wars usually have nightmares.' But he doesn't, and I'm grateful. I get off of my bed and Kanaan leaves, I pull on a outfit and wash my face. I pull my hair into a ponytail and walk out of the room and into the dining/living/briefing room. And yes it has all those purposes. I sit down and put my face in my hands, my head hurts. I look up and Ezra, Hera, Sabine, Zeb, and Kanaan are looking at me concerned. "What." I say, they look at each other and Kanaan speaks first "You've been having nightmares a lot lately... What's up?" I rub my eyes again and say simply "Just memories." Hera gives me a look and says "You know you can tell me anything right?" I nod, Kanaan is teaching Ezra the old ways of the Jedi.. Not to form attachments is one of them. Which is why I can't tell them about my nightmares... It involves my parents who weren't supposed to be in love because of the old Jedi ways. "Jinn can you show me some tricks today?" Ezra asks to cut the tension, I nod and say "Grab your lightsaber and let's go outside." He smiles and I walk outside. It's a beautiful day. I pull out my lightsaber and ignite it. I smile as I ease into the feel of it. I swing it around and practice some blocking techniques. "Why do you hold it backwards?" I look and Ezra is walking off of the ghost and I smile and say "I don't know, it just feels easier for me. And that's how my best friend and I used to hold them." Ezra nods and sits down crossed legged, I roll my eyes and say "C'mon stand up I'm gonna show you some combat moves." He smiles and ignites his lightsaber. "I'm gonna have you slide the blindfold on and you are going to deflect my blows." He nods and Chopper comes down with the blindfold I smile and pick it up and toss it to Ezra... He slides it on, "Ready?" I ask "Yep!" Ezra says, I nod and swing to his left, he blocks it. I swing to the right, he blocks it. I swing to the front and he blocks it. I then repeat that for a few minutes then I take the blindfold off of Ezra. "I'm going to put it on." I say, he looks at me and says "What if you don't block it?" I smile and say "I've taken down plenty of clankers, lords, bounty hunters, I think I'm good." He nods and I put it on, he swings to the side and I block it. He swings up, and I block it. We keep going for a few minutes until Kanaan says "Ezra, Jinn we have a broadcast from Fulcrum." I nod and we run inside. "Leaders of the ghost. I need to rest so I am coming to your hideaway. I will be there in the hour, thank you. Fulcrum out." The screen shuts off and Ezra says "I've always wanted to meet this Fulcrum." I nod and walk out of the room. I climb up the ladder and sit down on the roof and meditate.