16

"That was beautiful, Jimin."

"Wha–how long were you sitting there?"

"Only for the last half of it," Yoongi shrugged, a small grin still on his face.

Jimin's heart was beating out of his chest; he wasn't meant to see that! Yoongi cocked an eyebrow at him before speaking again. "You alright?"

"You just scared me, I'm sorry," The younger laughed softly as the older stood up.

They both took this opportunity to analyze each other's features for the first time. Yoongi broke the silence that had risen.

"You're taller than I imagined."

Jimin looked at him in disbelief before bursting out into laughter. "Th-that's definitely a first!" He managed to breathe out.

Yoongi didn't know why, but with Jimin's contagious laughter, he found himself not being able to stop laughing as well.

The pair calmed down eventually, and they both sat down.

"Well, uh," Jimin began quietly after a moment's pause, "It's nice to finally meet you...?"

Yoongi chuckled in response and shook his head. "You too, you dork."

At this, Jimin scoffed and put his hands on his hips. "What makes me the dork?"

"What doesn't make you the dork?"

"Hyung!" Jimin laughed, punching him lightly on the shoulder. Yoongi laughed as well but didn't elaborate any further, much to Jimin's dismay. They were beginning to get comfortable with each other already, and the both of them loved it.

"So," the older began, "I can't believe I'm finally going to get to hear how great you can sing."

Jimin's face flushed sightly as he remembered their late night conversation they had not too long ago. Yoongi had taken it well, however, Jimin felt embarrassed about how much he had told him. "Well, I can't believe I'm getting to hear you rap," he shot back, gaining some of his composure back.

Yoongi shook his head and stood up, gesturing to the booth. "You're up first,"

The younger laughed and walked past him into the booth, placing the headphones on his head. "I wrote this song last year. It was one of the first songs I've actually finished and I'm pretty proud of it.." Jimin's shy voice rang out through the speakers after he hesitated for a moment.

Yoongi nodded, eager to listen to what he had in store. After being given directions by Jimin, the music began playing, and Yoongi couldn't believe what he was hearing.

okay um so i originally said it would be split into two parts but sURPRISE it's gonna be three i'm sorry thank you for your patience!!
also i just published a new book specifically for author's notes called the extra,
so if you wanna be updated on things it's there :))