34

A constant, faint beeping, as well as occasional dream-like hallucinations were the only two things Jungkook could focus on for what seemed like an eternity.

Sometimes the dreams were made up of complete nonsense; inexplicably ridiculous hallucinations. Other times, they seemed totally normal. Jungkook would wake up and go about his daily routine, before saying goodbye to Jimin and heading to the dance studio.

However before most of the dreams could be finished, they would cut off halfway through, whether they were made up of nonsense or not. Jungkook was always met with the faint beeping once again.

He didn't know where he was, or what had happened. Of course in his unconscious state, he wasn't worried about it.

Jungkook didn't know that his friends came to visit him every single day. Jungkook had no idea his boyfriend, Taehyung, hadn't been home in four days. He was clueless to the fact that Tae spent each night in the hospital bed beside him, holding Jungkook's limp hand in his own quivering one.

He didn't hear Taehyung crying, nor the pleas for him to come back, or the quiet "I love you," he would whisper from time to time.

Taehyung barely slept. His head always rested over Jungkook's heart, constantly listening, for fear it would suddenly stop.

Jungkook didn't know just how much the people in his life loved him. Much like how the people that loved him, had no idea if he would make it out alright.