Chapter 20: Heir

Our food was placed in front of us and the smell didn't give me a headache or make me nauseous this time so I began to eat it. It was so delicious. I realized how hungry I was. I tried to ignore Nakia. She gave me a fake as apology and it was not accepted.

T'Challa kept on staring at me the whole time at dinner. He was really worried. Shuri was making jokes to ease the tension and it worked for most people. I was thinking about what to say to T'Challa. I was really surprised that I could eat at this moment. I was terrified and shaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner unfortunately ended which means I have to confront T'Challa now. We walked down the hallway towards his chambers quietly. Is it too late to back out?

We reached his bedroom and he locked the door and I couldn't even sit so I stood and faced him. He stared at me with deep thought and he was the first person to break the silence.

"Why are you acting so weird? Did I do something wrong?" T'Challa asked.

"No" I sigh.

"Every time a girl says they want to talk, it's normally bad news. Do you want to break up?" He asked sadly.

"No and even if I wanted to, it's too late for that now" I reply.

"What do you mean it's too late for that now?" He asked.

"You know what? Nothing. Forget I wanted to talk" I respond and turned around to leave but he pulls me back to him.

"What's wrong? Please tell me? I don't want secrets between us" He pleads.

"Remember when I asked you what you wanted our future to be?" I ask.

"Yes what about it?" He asked.

"I had a stressful day today. I had to re-evaluate my whole life and what I wanted. I had conflicted feelings. I had to ask myself if I was really happy. The answer is that I have never been happier. I couldn't even look at you this morning because of my thoughts. I was going to betray you trust" I began.

"I'm thinking about the worst thing possible right now" He says.

"It's not what you think now please shut up and listen" I order.

"Sorry" he murmurs.

"I'mpregnantandit'saboy" I say quickly.

"I don't have super hearing, Aliyah. Please speak slower" T'Challa replies. I took multiple deep breath.  "You are scaring me"

"Can I just text it to you? I can't say it to your face" I asked.

"Go ahead" he sighed.

I grabbed my Kimoyo beads and typed: I'm 6 weeks pregnant and it's a boy.

I pressed the send button and watch as T'Challa received the notification seconds later. I nervously watch him as he read it.

Once he read it, he looked at me and then the text message. He did that twice. He literally looked paralyzed.

He stood up from his seat and began to pace around the room walking back and forth from corner to corner. He was literally freaking out. I sat there nervous asf. It felt good to finally just tell him.

"How were you about to betray my trust?" He ask.

"I was thinking about getting an abortion without ever telling you" I replied quietly.

"If you did that, I would never speak to you ever again Aliyah. I would never forgive you" He says.

"I'm going to be father"He looked terrified and began to pace back and forth again. He was making me even more nervous.

"Do you want to be apart of the baby's life or not?!" I shout.

"Obviously" he replied and continued pacing. I let out a sigh of relief. I watched him act all dramatic and crazy.

"Snap out of it" I say holding his shoulder so he would stop moving.

"It maybe easy for you to say but I don't know the first thing in being a father. I don't know how to act around babies. You knew this for 6 weeks and you didn't tell me and you went out two weeks ago with Hadi and got drunk knowing that you had a baby and it would affect it" He says angrily.

"No stupid! I found out I was pregnant last week and stop blaming me for drinking because I didn't know I was pregnant at the time" I reply.

"You can talk to me once you are done blaming me for something I didn't know" I said stomping to the bathroom and slam the door in anger.

Once in the bathroom, I took off my dress and looked at my stomach from the mirror to see if I could spot a bump or anything.

The door squeaked opened thirty minutes later. I watched from the mirror as T'Challa walk towards me. He put arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

"I'm sorry. I was frustrated that you wanted to kill the next heir to the throne" He spoke quietly while we stared at each other in the mirror. I smiled at him. "Also I'm really scared. I know my dad had me when he was 22 but this is a new age. I'm 26 and I never thought about children because I am so busy with Kingly duties. I just realized that I know nothing about babies or raising a child."

"I don't know the first thing about being a mother. I'm really awkward with babies. I wanted to abort the baby today because I was scared of being a terrible mom but then my doctor let me hold her nephew who was five months and I just fell in love" I reply.

"I know it's your body and your choice but please keep the baby" He begs.

"I am. It's just that people will talk and I don't want our baby to be called illegitimate" I say.

"Is marriage what you want?" He asked me.

"I want us to be married because we love each other not because we are having a baby" I informs.

"Well good thing I love you then and like I told you yesterday, I want you to be my wife and my Queen" He says.

"Okay" I say happily. He leaned forward and gave me multiple kisses on the lips.

"We have a long day tomorrow. First we have to tell my mother and I don't know how she will react. Then I'm following you to see the hospital" He says as he picked me up bridal style and walked to the bedroom.

He placed me on the bedroom and he laid right next to me. He kissed my stomach and my forehead and we cuddled while watching tv till we went to sleep.

A/N: So I did some research and T'Challa is supposed to be in his mid twenties. The comics never revealed his age but on google they say he's in his mid twenties.