August 1938

It was a week before my father would be dropping me off at kingscross and I would be headed to Hogwarts. It's still so weird to think about. In a weeks time I would be practicing magic! I knew my father was a wizard, but my mother was not so I guess I was a bit surprised to find out that I was indeed a witch. I didn't know much about my mother. Just that she was, as father would say, a muggle. He would always tell me that she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen and they loved each other dearly. But one day that all changed. My mother passed away tragically when I was 2 years old. I still don't know what happened to her. And I wouldn't dare bring it up to my father. You can see his heart break at the very mention of her. I was snapped out of my thoughts when he yelled up the stairs to me.

"Lana are you ready? We need to get going if we want to try and miss the crowds."
"Almost!" I yelled back examining myself in the mirror one last time. I wanted to make sure I looked nice in case I ran into any future schoolmates. My long dark hair braided down my left shoulder. My outfit was simple. A flowing floral dress with a pair of white flats. And my mother's bracelet. The only thing I had left from her.
I took a deep breath and whispered to myself " This year's going to be amazing. " and with that i descended the stairs and exited our cottage beaming with excitement.

~~~~~》》Diagon alley》》~~~~~

I looked around in wonder at all of the stores. Bookstores. Cauldrons. Everything a witch or wizard could ever dream of needing was here. We quickly gathered up most of the supplies before it got too crowded. My father left to get my pet while telling me to go ahead and get the last thing on the list. Just as I was turning around to go into Olivanders to get my wand I bumped into a boy, who looked about my age, knocking him down.
"Oh my gosh are you okay? I am so sorry!!" I automatically blurt out while extending my hand out to help him up. He simply glared at me for a moment before getting up, ignoring my offer. "I'm sorry again..." I say awkwardly. I then perked up thinking he may be a schoolmate. Smiling brightly I decided to try and strike up a conversation. "I'm Lana. Lana Belmore! I'm going to be attending my first year at Hogwarts! What's your name?"
He stared at me with a look that I couldn't quite place and mumbled "Tom Riddle" before gliding past me. Leaving me in my thoughts until my father put his hand on my shoulder. "You okay Lana? I Thought you'd have your wand by now."
"Sorry papa. I just bumped into someone and got distracted." My smile never faltering as we entered the store. I ended up with such a beautiful wand. 13 1/2in. unicorn hair. The handle had the design of a Thorned rose on it. I couldn't be happier.

That night I lay in bed drifting off while thinking of that strange boy whose cold gaze could freeze you in place yet his eyes held something more. Wondering if he really will be attending Hogwarts. Tom Riddle...