Walking in the Rain

Peep hadn't spent much time in England, but he knew to trust me when I told him to grab an umbrella as we left the apartment for a walk.

The rain began a little softly, but quickly grew a little more persistent. I opened my umbrella, which was large enough to fit two people, although Peep still hand his umbrella hanging by it's band around his wrist.He had his arm around me to keep from straying away as we walked through a park I'd known since I moved to London.

"So you like the rain?" he asked, glancing around.

"Yeah, I mean, I guess." I said, seeing him furrow his brows, a little confused. "I think I more like what comes with it." I paused "The park is empty, its a nice kind of quite".

I knew all the branching paths, and I lead him to a pavilion and put down the umbrella.

I sat on the dry bench inside and he laid across it, putting his head in my lap as he took a blunt from the pocket of his hoodie and lit it.

It was peaceful, the rain pattered softly against the roof and fell around us. He inhaled,holding it in his lungs for a few seconds before releasing it through his nostrils. He was very mesmerizing, a lot of times I'd look at him and forget I was staring. Finally noticing he was staring back up at me when I felt him put his hand around my chin, caressing my lip with his thumb.

"You know I miss you, right?" He said breaking the silence. I tilted my head in question. "I don't always get to see you on the regular when I'm in America and your in London, I miss you."

I smiled, "I miss you too, but you can always call, or text. You know I always answer." He looked up at me, "But I can't have this in a phone call" he said, looking a little discouraged as he held with my hand in his own. I squeezed his hand "You'll always have me.", he seemed to smile a little, "your all I need."